1- class 1b.

echoes of black work shoes thundered down the hallway, ringing off the dented red lockers that were stacked sturdy against the chipped, brick walls. the bittersweet aroma of coffee whipping  down the hallway like a refreshing breeze hit the nose of every student and teacher it could find. styled (hair color) locks bounced with each authorities step, a lemon scent emitting from a velvet red 3/4 button up.

with a quick sharp turn around the corner, the walking continued down an endless, repetitive hallway filled with less than mediocre drawings by the students in the art class. maybe with a little more effort, the drawings would be worth looking at.

the numbers printed on golden plaques outside each room door flew past in a blur, only becoming visible as the walking slowed down.

'1b- self defense' the plaque read, earning a relieved sigh from the teacher of the class. before she had even opened the door, the teacher had already made an internal guess as to what her students were up to. sometimes, before class, they would be having an arm wrestle, and other times they would be planning a prank.

nonetheless, the teacher took in a heavy breath and opened the door, a smile on her somewhat sleep-deprived face. "good morning, class."

"good morning, miss (y/n)~!" the room of students chirped in response, each doing their own thing to entertain themselves.

good, no trouble to deal with yet.

with a content smile, you turned back to your desk and pulled a stick of chalk out of your drawer, swiftly writing todays lesson on the board. 'lesson 12- blocking and counter attacks'

you heard a student in the far back groan as you set the chalk down again, prompting you to turn around to face the culprit. "hm? who was that?"

half-expecting to not get an answer, you reached for your coffee, surprised to hear someone speak up. "it was me, miss (y/n)."

narancia, you had found, was the one who showed his distaste for the upcoming lesson, an annoyed expression twisting his features. "im just upset because its taking so long to get to the fun stuff, y'know! i wanna fight! i wanna learn how to punch properly!"

you popped your knuckles, folding your arms again and subtly showing off the muscles that flexed out of your forearms. "you wanna fight without knowing how to defend? narancia, how do you expect to fight against someone when you dont know how to fight back? you'd be a human punching bag, my student."

he flushed, puffing his cheeks and turning the other way. 

"to make todays lesson more interesting, since narancia thinks that blocks and counter-attacks are boring, ill be having a special guest come in and help me demonstrate." you added, sipping your coffee right after, watching narancia beam with surprise and excitement.

"demonstrate?" a different student, joseph, repeated in confusion. "does that mean we get to see you fight!"

you nodded, taking one final sip of your coffee before setting it down again. "i wont be fighting, ill be blocking and breaking attacks to prove that it isnt as useless as narancia suggests."

joseph turned to his right, smiling excitedly at his friend caesar while prodding at his shoulder. "did you hear that? miss (y/n) is going to fight someone!"

"she didnt say that, you dunce. she said she was defending herself against someone."

"but its basically fighting-!"

caesar slapped his cheek harshly, scowling. "no, it isnt!"

"caesar, joseph. no fighting in class. do that in the gym." you barked, looking between the two boys with a scowl.