8- sleepover!

(thank you all for 3k reads! it means so much to me, and is really encouraging me to continue writing this!)

----

muhammad avdol, one of the most reliable captains you've had in the mob for a while now. no matter the difficulty, he always got the job done on time, never once having a slip-up or making a mistake. it's what made him so trustworthy, so dependable.

approaching his classroom with diego and dio in tow, you instructed the two students to wait outside under the lie that you were going to be talking about 'grades' and 'upcoming tests'.

obviously, you werent, but they need to be fed a lie in order to feel satisfied with waiting. its just how things worked.

tap, tap, tap.

upon hearing your knocking, avdol was heard rushing to his door, prying it open open right as he was about to say something, though you quickly cut him off.

"hey there, friend! you ready to discuss those tests you're going to hand out?" you forcefully chuckled, subtly gesturing to the two highschoolers at your side.

"uh- yeah, if you could please come inside for a moment." he played along swimmingly, waving to diego and dio as he poked his head around the door. "she'll be right back out in a minute, boys!"

"take all the time you need, mister avdol!" diego responded, shifting his weight from foot to foot.

with those two out of the way, you and avdol retreated into his class and locked the door behind you, moving to the furthest corner of the room to keep your conversation unheard. 

avdols classroom was a sight to see, that was sure-- it was clear he was enthusiastic about his job. there were cute little posters everywhere with notes on equations and solubility, tiny stuffed animals decorating his shelf of textbooks with the occasional picture frame at its side. 

he dressed no differently from you-- a simple red button up tucked into some black trousers, fit with his iconic beaded necklace and golden earrings. it was a miracle his long, undone, dark hair hadn't tangled in his jewelry yet.

"alright, i'll make this brief so that you can deal with whatever those two did as soon as youre done." he mumbled, warily eyeing the door to make sure no one was nearby.

"they didn't do anything, but that's besides the matter. what did you find?"

"i was able to confirm it was one of our captains instead of it being someone trying to frame them." he whispered, your eyes widening with interest. "i was going through the demolished site of our old base and found a phone that wasnt registered in our facility and decided to look through its contents by tapping into it via computer..."

"...and? what had you found?"

"this person took great care into trying to get rid of the recording feature of the phone they used, which was from our hq. they must've known it was safest to use a phone from there since they cant be tracked, but was caught in a dilemma since they record conversations for you to listen to."

"you do know why i do that, dont you? for situations like this." you huffed, rubbing your temples in annoyance. "is there anything else, or have you just called me in here to waste my time on things i already knew?"

"yes, boss, there is something else. i told you i was able to pop open the phone and peek through its contents, which means that i was able to catch snippets of this persons conversation. by no doubt, that phone was the one that our mole used."

"well? spit it out! what was on it?!"

avdol quickly shifted over to his desk and pulled out a small notepad from his drawer, flipping it over a few pages before handing it to you for inspection. "the phones tape was severely damaged from the explosion, but these were all the names i heard over the phone. we should start by keeping these few under suspect as accomplices."