𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆

WHEN THE PIANO PIECE JIAO had been playing finally came to an end due to her fingers slowing down after the familiar rhythm and beat slowly drowned out, she took this as her cue and she slowly turned to Mrs. Daoming with a challenging glint in her eyes. If Mrs. Daoming was going to make a scene in front of everyone at the party and try to humiliate Jiao for no reason like that, then she wouldn't hold back either.

"Your son and his friends like me for who I am. They don't care who's daughter I am or which family I belong to. So if me being myself is enough for them, then I think that should also be enough for you." she said filling the void silence in the room however, soon after Jiao said those words, it went right back to being silent. Nobody moved or said a thing.

While F4, Kun, Shancai, Kiaria and Jiaos sister stared at Jiao with a proud smile look for standing up to Mrs. Daoming like that, she continued to stare at Jiao with an intrigued look. By the looks she was getting from Mrs. Daoming, Jiao was sure she disliked her now, and she turned out to be correct because not even a second later, Mrs. Daoming let out a small chuckle.

Mrs. Daoming crossed her arms over her chest as she walked closer to Jiao, still aware of all the eyes that were on them, "Your friend has an interesting upbringing Si. She's alot like Kwon Sua - arrogant, entitled, overconfident and too blunt for my liking. So it's no surprise that I already don't like her or the way she thinks." she spoke up and Jiao silently gasped at the woman.

How dare she insult her mother right in front of her like that?

"Mrs Daoming-" Meizuo said, trying to cut the tension and prevent the fight that was soon to come.

"Mom!" Si also exclaimed with an angry tone.

Mrs Daoming however ignored them both and now turned to glare at Jiao, "Now, will you escort her out of here or will I have to do it myself?"

Si seemed to be feeling the same way as Jiao was feeling, frustrated, because when he heard those words come out of his mother's mouth, he stomped right towards her, "Don't you get it mom? I don't care who her parents are or where she's from, I like her for who she is."

Mrs. Daoming cocked a brow at the sudden confession, "But you're our family's eldest son." she said as she turned her head towards Jiao and eyed her up and down, clearly judging her, "Do you really think such an ill-mannered girl is a good match for you?"

"I don't care." he responded once again,
"She's the one I like and there's no one else I'll ever willingly accept."

"Well, it's not up to you."

Jiao who witnessed the whole interaction decided enough was enough. If Mrs. Daoming was just going to insult and humiliate Jiao for being the person Si claimed to like or for belonging to the Kwon household, then she didn't want to be at that so-called party either. Whichs why she got up from her seat and grabbed her clutch so she could turn around and walk out of the party, but before she could say or do anything, Si grabbed her hand and intertwined it with his own, before shooting his mom a determined look.

"Fine, since that's the case, I'll leave with her." he said as he walked towards the door, pulling Jiao with him in the process.

However, before Jiao and Si could make it far, Mrs. Daoming spoke up again, "If you walk out of that door, you better be prepared for the consequences." she threatened Si but he just ignored her comment.

"Si." Kun called out to stop him from walking away again and to Jiao's surprise he threw a set of car keys at Si, to which he caught before turning around and proceeding to walk out of the party once again.

--

After the first kiss Jiao shared with Si and the amazing night at the beautiful penthouse they'd been at, Jiao found herself feeling happier. She was happy over the feelings she and Si had recognised for each other. At Least now Jiao finally had something to look forward to and be happy about, despite her stressful life.

However, despite feeling all giddy and happy, Jiao still couldn't forget about the encounter she had with Si's mother. Jiao knew his mother hated her now and she even thought that after everything that had happened between them, things couldn't possibly get any worse, but she was wrong because just a couple days later when Jiao was at her favorite bubble tea shop with her sisters and Kiaria, one of Si's bodyguard who Jiao recognized came to them and informed her that Mrs. Daoming wanted to have a word with her.

Curious, Jiao decided to go with the guy, and brought her sisters and cousin along with her to see what was going on, however she wished she hadn't because the moment she stepped foot into the hotel they were supposed to meet at, she saw Mrs Daoming sitting behind a table, with Si right beside her, a unfamiliar young girl that seemed to be around their age across from them and two people who Jiao assumed were the girls parents right next to her.

Si was the first from the group to notice Jiao's arrival, because as soon as he saw her, he sat up rather quickly and fixed himself up before giving her a confused look, "Jiao, why are you here?" he asked, causing everyone else's eyes to now be on her.

Jiao was about to answer him, but she couldn't as Mrs. Daoming had beaten her to it, "I asked Miss Jiao to join us." she said with a smile, which to Jiao seemed rather wicked. "And oh good, you brought your sisters and cousin along with you. The more that are here to witness this is better for all of us." she said, eyeing the three other Kwons that stood next to Jiao just as confused as her.

After a couple moments of silence and wondering what on earth was going on, as well as who the people sitting behind the table were, Ayame, who like the rest of the Kwons had enough of the suspense around them let out an annoyed sigh, "Why the hell did you want to see our sister again?" she asked, "You know we don't have all day right?"

If this were any other person Ayame had spoken to, Jiao would've scolded Ayame for being rude, but since she was feeling just as confused and curious as her sister, she didn't say anything and instead, raised a brow at the woman.

Mrs Daoming smiled at the two, clearly unbothered by their actions and then turned her head to the unfamiliar girls parents, who Jiao noticed gave her and the rest of the Kwons a weird look, "I don't understand Mrs. Daoming, who is this young lady?" The mother of the girl asked in a polite manner.

The smile that was on Mrs. Daoming grew brighter at the comment, "Well Miss Choi, Miss Jiao over here is a good friend of Si's and I want her to be the first to witness Si's future marriage." she responded and for a moment Jiao felt as though the world around her had stopped moving, as though all the air had been sucked out of her.

"What?"

Si's future marriage? What was she talking about?

Mrs Daoming noticed Jiao's confusion so she turned to her and the rest of the Kwons with a grin, "Jiao, this is Elaena Amelia Choi, the daughter of an old friend of mine." she said, pointing at the unfamiliar girl who shifted uncomfortably in her seat due to all the attention that had suddenly been put on her, "Don't you think she and Si are the perfect match? She's tall, beautiful, talented and really polite."

Jiao was at a loss of words. All this time, Si was going to get married to somebody else and he hadn't even thought about mentioning it to her, even once?

"As someone very close to him, you're happy for them, right?"

( note: any spelling error or mistakes indicate that this chapter has not been edited yet )

--

A/N: okay, okay. I know most of y'all are prob confused right now as to what this chapter is or what's going on so to make it simple, this chapter is an alternate reality in which Si's mom doesn't exactly like Jiao.

The reason I've written this chapter is so I can use it to move on forward and write the sequel I have in my drafts for this particular story.

YES GUYS, after a lot of consideration and thinking, I've finally decided to write a sequel, it's called 'Arranged' and it'll be published soon. So please stay tuned for that.