𝟎𝟎𝟖

FOR SOME REASON, WHEN JIAO walked into school the next morning, she felt exhilarated. She didn't know why, but she had a feeling that something exciting was going to go on based on the way the people in her school were acting. As Jiao walked through the doors of Mingde beside Kiaria, she caught a glimpse of Kun leaning against the lockers accompanied by Ximen. The two made brief eye contact for a moment and because Jiao felt somewhat bad for snapping at him the other day, she sent him a curt nod to which he returned with a polite smile.

This didn't go unnoticed by Kiaria who turned to the brunette with a confused look. "Am I seeing things, or did Lee Kun just smile at you?"

Jiao shrugged, "Yeah, I guess he smiled at me."

"Since when were you two buddies? I thought he didn't socialize with anyone but Ximen and Lei."

Jiao laughed, realizing that she hadn't told the raven that she and Kun were somewhat acquaintances, along with partners for an upcoming art project. While walking to their first class, Jiao began explaining to the raven of the few encounters they had and confessed that he was much politer than people described him as.

Due to how invested the two Kwons were in their conversation, they became unaware of a certain Daoming walking towards their direction in hopes of catching the younger Kwons eyes.

"Hey!" At the sound of a very familiar voice, Jiao and Kiaria both stopped in their tracks, turning around to find the voice belonged to none other than a confident Si.

"Daoming Si?" Jiao muttered, staring at the boy as she recalled their recent encounter. Jiao still couldn't believe the audacity Daoming Si had to offer her something pathetic like that. She was confused about what he was trying to accomplish because he was making no sense at all. One second he was bullying and picking on her, and the next he was asking her out. Jiao was almost certain that this was just another one of his plans to humiliate her.

"Oh, it's just you." Kiaria boredly stated when her eyes caught his hair that wasn't in its usual porcupine style. "Wait what happened to your porcupine hair?" she laughed pointing towards his hair.

Jiao creased her forehead and looked over to see that his hair was indeed styled differently and instead of his signature pineapple hairstyle, it was hanging loosely.

"What, is it that big of a deal that I changed my hairstyle? Let me tell you something, I changed my hairstyle because I wanted to try something different. I certainly didn't change it because of you." He explained directing his speech at Jiao.

The brunette chuckled, "Good for you then?"

Si smirked, "Well, with an incredible face like this, what do you expect? regardless of my hairstyle, I still look dashing, don't I?" he arrogantly declared.

Jiao quietly snorted at this. "Please, I think you're being a bit too overly confident now."

"How's that?"

"You do know that the word dashing is used to describe a gentleman, right?"

"What, so I'm not a gentleman now?"

"Yeah, you're not."

Kiaria was situated in her spot as she watched the ongoing interaction between Jiao and Si with an amused look. To be honest, watching the two bickers was pretty entertaining at first, but now it was starting to get somewhat annoying.

"How am I not-" Si began but was cut off.

"Si." Kiaria was grateful when she spotted Ximen walk towards the group, at least now the two would shut up.

"What?" Si asked with a hint of annoyance.

Ximen however smiled, "Jing is here."

Jiao and Kiaria watched as Si's face lit up at the mention of his childhood friend and walked away from the two, without uttering another word or sparing a second glance.