𝟎𝟑𝟎

"To all our good times together. Cheers."

JIAO SAT NEXT TO KUN in front of his dining room along with Lei, Ximen, Meizuo, Kiaria Shancai Qianghe, and Miss Zhaung and raised her wine glass before gulping the whole thing down.

After the game of bridge, Jiao found herself following the group of six to Kun and Si's house where they were then celebrating their victory over the game of Bridge. Jiao was hesitant at going to their house at first since she knew Si wouldn't want to see her there, besides after everything that happened she wasn't exactly sure if she wanted to see him either, but after everybody's persuasion and convincing, Jiao agreed. To Jiao's gratefulness, when they had arrived at the house, Si wasn't around or anywhere in sight. It was just the group of six plus Miss Zhaung since she had originally been the one that invited them.

"I think we were able to settle the matter today, right?" Ximen asked as he took a sip from his wine.

Meizuo nodded in agreement, "I hope so. But Si isn't home yet. I'm not sure where he went after the competition."

Jiao sighed at this. She had a pretty good idea why he wasn't around and because of that she couldn't help but feel slightly guilty.

Lei noticed this and decided to speak up, "He'll be fine." He assured the group, however, directing most of the reassurance to Jiao.

"Yeah, he used to always quit in the middle of playing bridge back then." Meizuo agreed with Lei.

"I know my brother very well. He's a self centered and childish person." Miss Zhaung explained to the group but then heaved out a sigh, "But it is my fault since I didn't discipline him well."

"But enough about him, let's enjoy this dinner." she said after noticing the tense look that everyone had on.

Although there was tons of different food laid out on the dining table and most of it consisted of Jiao's favorite food, she didn't exactly feel like eating it since she had been so nervous and anxious about the game of Bridge throughout the whole previous week and morning.

It seemed that Jiao wasn't the only one who wasn't in the mood to eat because by the looks of it, nobody wanted to eat the food either. Even after Miss Zhaungs' suggestion, nobody had moved a single inch.

Kun, who had noticed this too, turned to Miss Zhaung with an amused look, "Zhaung, we're not pigs. You know we can't finish all of this." he joked.

However he instantly regretted those words because not even a second later, Miss Zhaung kicked him with the heavy platforms she had on, "You boys need to start eating. You're all too tall and skinny, it's abnormal."

When she noticed the look Jiao had on and how quiet she had been this whole time, she then turned to her, "Jiao, you know you can eat, right. You don't need to act like a cow silently grazing the field."

When Jiao noticed all the attention that was now put on her, she quickly sat up and straightened her posture, "How can I eat after that intense game? I was so nervous the whole time that my stomach was hurting, it still is." she frowned clutching onto her stomach as she exposed her thoughts.

"What were you nervous about?" Miss Zhaung curiously asked.

"The stakes against Si."

Shancai sighed, "I don't blame her. Ever since I entered Mingde University, I heard about all the rumors and bets people had with the joker card and F4." She then turned to Jiao with a sympathetic look, "It was your first time playing, it must have been really pressurizing."

Jiao nodded, "It was."

"I see. But, Jiao, Shancai. You know those rumors were created by people that were jealous of Si and F4. They challenged them but knew they couldn't beat them and were too ashamed to admit it. " Miss Zhaung told them and Jiao nodded.