𝟎𝟐𝟗

[ DISCLAIMERBefore any of you read this chapter, you should know that I have no idea on how to play Bridge and that everything mentioned in this chapter was written based off what was put in the show. ]

THE NEWS OF THE CHALLENGE had spread around the school rather quickly. It had spread quicker than Jiao had anticipated it would. But Jiao couldn't exactly blame everyone talking about the gossip because who wouldn't be supposed after finding out the big bad Daoming Si was going to be playing a bridge game against the introverted Kun and Kwon Jiao?

Jiao didn't care about all the gossip and rumors that were being made every time she walked by, frankly, she didn't have time to care since she was too busy being nervous about the Bridge challenge. Jiao was nervous, she was more nervous then she had been when she had first played against F4 a couple weeks back and was told to treat Si to lunch. Despite the fact that Jiao had Kun by her side, she was still scared since compared to Si, he wasn't as skilled and it was likely that Si would be the one to win in the end since he along with F4 did represent their school when participating in competitions.

Although Jiao was nervous about the whole thing, she wasn't going to admit defeat so easily. She knew that overall, Si had a bigger chance of winning the game between her and Kun, but she was still going to practice and work as hard as she could so that she could at least have somewhat of a chance to stand against Si.

So that's what she did. Over the next couple of days, Jiao and Kun met up at a cafe and practiced bridge everyday. Jiao had seemed to underestimate Kuns bridge skills because whenever the two practiced playing Bridge, he demonstrated excellent skills, skills that would help them stand a chance against Si and F4. Although Jiao was surprised by his skills at first, she eventually got used to them and realized that the reason behind his excellent skills were because he was always around F4 and had also filled in a couple times for one of the members at Bridge competitions.

Kun lowered the pile of cards he was clutching onto so that they were facing towards Jiao, "Among these cards, which has the highest value?" he asked.

Jiao tilted her head as she thought for a moment and tried to recall the information she had memorized earlier when it hit her, "Ace of diamonds."

Kun raised a brow, "Are you sure?" he asked.

Jiao knew this was one of his tactics and that he was only trying to confuse her so she didn't fall for it or give in, instead she confidently nodded, "Yes."

Kun nodded his head in awestruck before shuffling the cards once again and testing her memory by showing her different cards.

Jiao stared at the first card before reluctantly answering "Diamonds?"

Kun nodded and pulled out another card.

Jiao stared at that card again for a couple seconds, thinking for a moment before finally realizing what card it was, "Queen of spades."

That went on for a while longer, Kun would show Jiao a card and she would then think for a moment before naming them. Although Jiao was slow, she was proud of herself for memorizing the whole card deck. It showed that she was improving and progressing slowly little by little.

"Darn it." Kun sighed as he set the deck of cards on the table and turned to Jiao with a disappointed look.

Jiao looked up in confusion, "What? Did I do something wrong?"

Kun shook his head, "No, you're just too slow."

Jiao couldn't help but frown at the statement. She knew she was going a bit slower then they'd hoped she would, but she was trying her best. Besides this was the first time she was playing Bridge, so he couldn't exactly expect her to be an expert at the game.