𝟎𝟎𝟕

BRISKING HERSELF WITH THE TASKS she was assigned. Jiao gave limited attention to the drama that seemed to be arising the following week. Daoming Si continued with his childish acts and bothered Jiao at any given chance he got, which of course bothered her since it was obvious that their little 'confrontation' had led nowhere. But, being just as stubborn as he was, Jiao stood her ground and fought back. There was no way that she was going to let him win or give him the satisfaction of being scared because she sure as heck wasn't scared, especially of him.

Not a lot had happened throughout the week, well, at least according to her nothing interesting had happened. Which is why upon arriving at school on a tiresome Monday morning, Jiao did not expect to witness the events that were going to arrive.

"Have you finished the lab report yet?"

Jiao Kiaria and Li Zhen stood at the back of the school's corridor, making small talk before the first bell rang. Jiao couldn't lie and had to admit that it had been a very tiring week, with all the assignments and workload she was receiving, she barely had any time to herself and to make matters worse, it was Monday, the worst day of the week. Which meant that she still had to endure everything for another four days before she could finally relax.

"Hey, where's Shancai, isn't she usually always early?" Kiaria asked.

Li Zhen shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, she must be running late I guess--" However Kiaria's question was answered when an angry Shancai walked into the corridor and completely ignored the presence of her friends.

"Daoming Si!" she yelled out.

Everybody looked over at the girl with confused looks while F4- who Jiao now noticed had been standing across from her all this time looked up. It was evident that Meizuo, Ximen and Lei were worried based on the looks they were giving.

But before anyone could say anything, Shancai suddenly ran towards Si
and did the most unthinkable thing-she kicked him right in the face.

It felt like everything was happening in slow motion, Shancai flying in the air while her foot was making brief contact with Si's cheek, papers and pen getting thrown everywhere, and everyone standing in utter shock and disbelief.

Jiao was just as shocked as everyone else was at the scene unfolding before them, but nonetheless she burst into fits of laughter after seeing the visible bruise on his cheek, which then broke the rest of the people out of their daze and brought them into reality.

"Who wants to play cards with you? I Dong Shancai will not be bullied by anyone!" Shancai announced throwing her joker card on Si's unconscious body before walking away as nothing had happened.

Jiao was proud of Shancai because along with Si's immature attitude towards the brunette, he had also been treating her like crap for no reason at all. Jiao knew that if it wasn't Shancai, then the one giving Si a good beating would probably have been her. But, because Shancai had already done the job for her, Jiao was grateful and hoped that Si would leave them all alone for good. But, boy was she wrong.

--

"Class dismissed."

"Finally." stretching her arms and wobbling off the chair, Jiao rubbed her eyes hoping to wake herself up and refrain from falling asleep.

Jiao had barely gotten any sleep the previous night since she had been too busy taking care of a very sick Jiu- who had unexpectedly caught a fever. As her big sister, Jiao was worried sick. The poor girl couldn't even drink a glass of water without hurling it all out. With her current state, there was no way Jiao was going to leave the younger Kwons side.

But, because of the number of days she missed, along with the homework and assignments that needed to be completed, her Aunt convinced her otherwise. Since it wasn't a good idea to miss out on anymore classes because she knew that the brunette would fall behind. Jiao didn't agree at first, but after a lot of convincing and promises, Jiao agreed and headed to her school the following day.