𝟎𝟏𝟓

JIAO STOOD NEXT TO SHANCAI as she watched Qianghe cook the squid they had caught. After Si and Jiao had been pulled out of the shore with Qianghe and Meili's help, the four decided that they had caught enough squid for one night and it was time they headed back to the hotel. So here they were, standing in the backyard that emerged from the hotels Jiao and her friends were in with the hotel that F4 was staying in.

While Daoming Si ran down the halls, knocking each room and waking everyone from their slumber, Jiao stood next to Shancai and watched Qianghe serve the grilled squid, while her sisters and Kiaria sat on the concrete steps, enjoying the food as they talked amongst themselves.

"Are you okay Shancai?" Jiao asked, taking notice of her blank expression.

"Huh-oh yeah, just feeling a bit tired," she answered, forcing out a smile.

"Okay-well I'm gonna get a drink," Jiao muttered, walking towards the table and swiftly grabbing the bottled water before settling herself next to Kiaria.

"So Ji, all this time you guys were out fishing for squid?"

Jiao smiled, "Yeah, it was kinda fun." she said recalling the events that took place not long ago.

"You should've seen Ji when she fell inside the ocean and pushed Daoming Si in as well. It was hilarious!" Meili exclaimed, laughing at the memory.

"No wonder both of you are drenched from head to toe, Ji what were you thinking?"

"Hey, in my defense that little jerk was laughing at me." Jiao laughed looking over at Si who was standing in his hotels' dining room, seemingly explaining to his friends why he was drenched from head to toe as well.

After having that talk with Si and listening to his comforting words, Jiao now saw a different side of Si. She thought that he wasn't as bad as he painted himself to be and even held some respect for him now.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?" Jiao looked up and saw Kun awkwardly standing before her with both hands in his pockets.

Jiao nodded hesitantly following Kun and stood next to a pillar that was only a feet away from where everyone else was at so it wasn't that far, but it was far enough so that everyone else wouldn't be able to hear them.

"Is there something you need?" Jiao asked in a confused tone. She was wondering what it was that Kun wanted since he had made it pretty clear earlier that he didn't want anything to do with her.

Kun sighed as he dug into his pockets and pulled out the bracelet he had found earlier, "I'm guessing this belongs to you since it has your initials on it." He muttered.

Based on the expression Kun had plastered on, it was evident that he knew Jiao had overheard his conversation with Jing and what he had said about her. This made Jiao stop in her tracks and stare at the bracelet with horror.

"oh" was all Jiao managed to say. Jiao was at a loss for words. She fixed her eyes on the ground as she nervously glanced around every few seconds.

After a couple of moments of awkward silence, Kun decided to speak up,
"Did you overhear our conversation?"

Jiao knew that there was no use in lying because Kun already knew the answer, which's why she only heaved out a sigh, "Yes. I didn't mean to, though, I just happened to pass by." she mumbled trying to justify her actions.

When the two were once again met with awkward silence, Jiao decided to speak up, "You probably hate me and I don't blame you, I have caused you nothing but trouble from the moment we met. I'm sorry."

When Jiao said those words, Kun finally looked up, "If I hated you then why would I have saved you all those times?" he softly muttered.

Jiao stared at him with evident confusion, earlier he had made it pretty clear that he wanted nothing to do with her and that he didn't even consider her as a friend, yet here he was saying a completely different thing. What was going on?