𝟎𝟎𝟗

WITH MUSIC BLASTING THROUGH BOTH her ears, Jiao roamed around the empty halls of Mingde the following day. To say she was delighted would be an understatement, Jiao was absolutely enraptured. There were just three days left to go before the important day, the day her mom would finally arrive and to be honest, she couldn't wait any longer.

"Hey Jiao!" a bubbly voice greeted.

Looking up, Jiao unplugged her headphones and smiled when she saw that it was Shancai and Qianghe.

"Oh hey guys, what's up." She responded as she stuffed her phone back in her pockets.

"Well, Qianghe and I were just about to head out to eat the food my mom cooked, do you want to join us?"

Jiao looked outside the window and almost immediately took note of how beautiful it was. Since she was already in a good mood, Jiao reluctantly agreed and followed alongside wherever it was that the two were heading to.

"You know Jiao, I think Shancai and I were destined to meet again. First we studied at the same highschool and now we're studying at the same university." Qianghe gushed, causing Jiao to lowly chuckle.

Shancai laughed alongside the two, finding her best friend adorable, but halted in her spot when she saw a familiar face. Jiao looked up as well, only to frown when she saw that it was none other Si standing a couple feet away from the three with his signature scowl plastered on.

When Qianghe noticed the two were looking at something from a far distance, he looked up too and almost immediately noticed Si, "Daoming Si! I need to talk to you." he announced walking straight towards him, but was instantly pushed to the side.

Jiao scoffed shaking her head in disbelief, "Qianghe, are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm fine!"

"Kwang Jiao, Dong Shancai. Come here, I need to talk to you two." Si spoke up looking between the two.

Jiao raised her brows, what was it that he wanted this time? The last time Jiao had an encounter with Si, she was given the most shocking news. Who would've thought that the big bad Daoming Si and introverted Lee Kun were brothers?

When Kun had first broken the news to her, she didn't know how to react. She wanted to know more and wanted him to explain further on what he meant by that and how the two were related at all, but she knew that it wasn't her business or something that should've concerned her, but for some reason it did and she couldn't pinpoint why.

"Why, what is it that you want now?" Jiao asked, staring at him suspiciously.

"It's important that I need to talk to you both."

"I'm good," Shancai crossed her arms, "Besides you're probably going to tell me weird stuff again."

Si sighed,"You guys are free anyways, just come here." he said not giving up so easily.

"Why should we come? You come over here if it's that important." Jiao intertwined.

"Yeah and besides who says we're free? We have lots to do." Shancai added.

"Like what?"

"If you must know, Shancai, Qianghe and I are going to eat the lunch that Shancais mom prepared for us. We're also going to study for our upcoming exam. So as you can see, we're pretty busy."

"I don't know about you but that's my kind of fun, rich people like you wouldn't understand." Shancai responded, but paused after realizing what she'd just said.

Shancai looked over at Jiao with an apologetic look, "Except for Jiao and Kiaria of course." she added and with that the three walked away leaving Si by himself.