𝟎𝟒𝟏

"She's awake! She's awake."

JIAO LET OUT A SMALL grunt as she slowly opened her eyes and sat up to take notice of her surroundings. Jiao wasn't sure where she was or how she had gotten there. To be honest she didn't remember anything at all, all she knew was that currently her head was really hurting.

As Jiao tried to recall what had happened earlier and where she was brought, her sisters rushed to her side, "Thank god you're okay, we were all so scared."

Jiao scrunched her nose in confusion, "Where am I?" she asked.

"The hospital." Kiaria answered.

"The hospital?" Jiao asked in confusion. What was she doing in the hospital?

"The police called us last night, they told us they had found you and Si in an abandoned warehouse beaten up." Ayame explained, "They weren't able to catch the guys who did this to you but Aunt Mera got into contact with Mom and Dad and told them everything."

"They hired a detective and they're going to do everything they can to catch those guys." Meili added and Jiao widened her eyes as it finally hit her.

She remembered everything. She remembered being kidnapped by Shuniping and his gang, and how Si had shown up to save her, but to do that he put himself at risk. Jiao remembered how the gang mercilessly beat Si up and how just before they threw a chair at him, she had managed to escape and take the hit for him. If she had woken up in the hospital and was alright then what happened to Si?

"Si!" Jiao shouted as she jumped out of bed and ran towards the door. Jiao ignored her sister's and Kiaria's calls and ran around the hall to find where Si was when she spotted a familiar figure.

"K-Kun, where's Si?" Jiao asked as she walked closer to the said boy and she noticed the heartbroken expression on his face. Kun pointed his finger towards a specific direction as he kept his head low.

Jiao gulped as she walked towards the room Kun had told her Si was in and when she entered she noticed Ximen and Meizuo were standing near Si's bed with broken expressions while Lei sat on one of the hospital chairs with his head down.

"It's too late, Si passed very peacefully." Ximen said as a tear rolled down his cheek and he turned away.

Jiao ignored the lump that had formed in her throat and walked closer to the bed Si seemed to be on, when Meizuo spoke up, "I never thought that Si would pass away just like that."

Jiao held her breath as tears began threatening to slip out of her eyes, "N-no you can't be dead, you just can't be." she muttered slowly peering the sheets off with shaky hands.

Jiao gasped when she saw how bruised up Si's face was. "No, Daoming Si!" she shouted refusing to believe he was dead, "Why did you have to come and let those bastards beat you up, I thought you were smarter then that." Jiao said and that's when she finally broke down.

"It's all my fault and I didn't even get to properly thank you for saving me from that blizzard a couple weeks back or for all those times you helped me out. Sure, you were an ass and a huge idiot at times, but that doesn't mean I wanted you to die!" Jiao cried out.

It was all her fault, Si was dead all because of her. All because she chose to trust and befriend Shuniping despite him warning her not to. Si was dead and she would never be able to take that back, ever. Now she would have to deal with the constant guilt for the rest of her life.

"Wake up, please. Wake up." Jiao cried unaware that Kun had also entered the hospital room feeling slightly guilty for what they were doing to Jiao.

As Jiao continued to cry a familiar laugh engulfed the air, "What are you talking about? Is that how you treat a patient?"