𝟎𝟑𝟑

THE DAY THAT JIAO HAD been waiting for had finally arrived. It was the day of the beauty pageant. Jiao hadn't even realized how fast time had passed since she had been so busy preparing for the pageant over the past few weeks. To say Jiao was nervous is an understatement. She was terrified of the whole thing, she was worried that she would mess up and somehow humiliate herself in front of the whole world. But, when Jiao realized how many people were going to be there to watch, support and cheer for her, she was able to ease her nervousness and feel much better. Plus with Miss Zhaungs strict training and help, Jiao felt much more confident in herself then she originally had.

At the day of the pageant, Jiao had to arrive at the stadium it would be held in early, much earlier then her friends would be arriving at she had to get herself ready and prepared backstage in the dressing rooms along with all the other contestants since she herself was a contestant that would be taking part in the pageant.

Since Jiao arrived much earlier than most people had, she had to wait backstage for a long time. Jiao didn't know how long she had to wait for until the pageant itself finally began. To her it felt like hours and even half the day had gone by. But thankfully around noon, when the pageant finally began, she couldn't be more excited since this was finally her big moment to shine and showcase all the hard work she had done.

A girl with long beautiful hair and a gorgeous gown stepped onto the stage alongside a tall, good looking man and the two smiled at the audience, "Good evening everyone, welcome to this year's annual beauty pageant!" The girl greeted everyone.

"There will be three rounds to this pageant. In the first round, each contestant will show off their beauty and grace by modeling in self designed dresses and answering questions given by the judges. For the second round, each contestant will show off a special skill or talent of theirs and for the final round, each contestant will round up on the stage where the winners will then be announced." The guy explained.

"After each contestant has finished every round, there will be a short break to which the judges will then decide the winners." The girl added.

"So without further ado, let's begin by welcoming our contestants."

After the hosts said those words, Jiao walked out onto the stage alongside the five other contestants that she'd be going up against. Because this was the introductory part of the pageant, each contestant had been required to dress up and wear something nice. Jiao decided to go for something classic so she wore a long beautiful white gown with pink and blue flower designs that were sewed on the top of her dress and went all the way until the mid part of the dress. Because of how long and heavy the dress was, Jiao had to wear high platforms in order to walk with the dress on without tripping. She also wore simple jewelry that matched the dress and clipped back half of her freshly curled short brown hair.

As Jiao began to walk on stage and line next to all the other contestants, she was immediately spotted by her friends and family sitting in the crowd who had come to support her.

"Jiao, you have our full support!" Si shouted unbothered by the weird looks he was getting from the people around him.

Jiao smiled at him before looking back at the camera and prepared herself to introduce herself once it would be her turn since that's what every contestant was required to do. So when the camera finally came and pointed towards her, Jiao smiled before saying,

"Hello I'm Kwon Jiao and I'm currently a student studying Journalism at Mingde University. Nice to meet you all."

"Wooh!" her friends cheered, "Go Jiao!"

As each contestant continued to introduce themselves with the camera pointed at them, Jiao noticed that the girl beside her was about to fall. Knowing how humiliating it would be if the girl really fell, Jiao quickly grabbed the girl's arm and continued to stand in front of the audience with a bright smile and acted completely normal.