𝟎𝟐𝟔

THE NEXT DAY JIAO FOUND herself sitting on one of the pool chairs next to Shancai and snapping tons of photos. Everybody was doing their own thing. Meili and Ayame were building their own sandcastles at a spot that was not too far from where Jiao and Shancai were sitting. While Kiaria, Ximen and Meizuo enjoyed a conversation they had suddenly sparked up. Lei and Kun sat on their pool chairs and relaxed as they enjoyed the weather surrounding them. Si on the other hand didn't do much, he just observed the group.

"Wait, take another one, I look like a duck in this one," Jiao said, staring at the photo they had just snapped.

Shancai nodded, holding the phone up again and began to snap a couple of different photos with the brunette.

When they were done, they began analyzing the photos they had taken and Jiao couldn't help but smile at them, "They look great."

"I'm going to post these on Wechat," Shancai informed.

"Then make sure to send them to me, you haven't even sent me the pictures from when we went to Sanya last time."

"Alright, I will not worry." Shancai waved her off.

The two continued with taking the different photos on Snapchat and laughing at the embarrassing stories they had decided to tell each other. The two were enjoying themselves and having so much fun, until something or rather someone caught their attention.

Ximen widened his eyes, "Tengtang Jing, an exchange student fell in love with the son of the mayor of Paris. They are expected to get married-"
Everyone surrounded Lei as they listened to Ximen read the article he was on, which included Shancai and Jiao,"-by the end of this year." He said, turning to Lei.

Si, who was now seated next to Lei, gave him a surprised look, "Did you know?"

Lei shrugged his shoulders, "Yeah. It's big news in Paris."

"Is that why you came back?" Jiao asked.

"Lei, don't you care? Jings going to marry someone else." Meizuo added.

Lei shook his head, "Why should I? Everything's over now."

Jiao frowned, it all made sense now. Lei's sudden change in behavior, his attitude, his weird actions. He was heartbroken over Jing, his first love, getting married to someone else. All of this was just an act, a method to cope with his mixed feelings, something Jiao had been using for many years now.

-

With the day coming to an end, Jiao found herself taking another stroll along the beach. Jiao didn't know why since it wasn't like she was having trouble falling asleep like last time, but she was sure it had something to do with Kun since she was hoping to run into him on her stroll and find out what he wanted to confess to her the previous night. Sure enough, just as Jiao turned around to return to the suite, she saw Kun sitting on the same spot he had sat on the night before. How convenient

Jiao strolled over to Kun and plopped on the spot next to him, "Hey." She cheerfully greeted.

Kun waved, "Hi."

"Whatcha doing?" Jiao asked.

Kun shrugged his shoulders, "Enjoying the weather."

Jiao nodded her head, "Cool."

For a moment, there was nothing but silence surrounding the two, if it were any other day then Jiao wouldn't have minded and instead would have enjoyed the weather, however, because it wasn't any other day and Jiao was keen on knowing what Kun had wanted to tell her the night before, she felt awkward.

"I can't believe Lei is going to let Jing go like that," Jiao said, trying to start up a conversation between the two.

Kun nodded his head, "Yeah, it's a wonder how he's so fine with the news."