Chapter 951

Matt's POV: After making my way to the bedroom, I walked in to see Gabby putting some of my sweats on. "Couldn't wait to get changed I see?" Gabby turned to look at me and sighed as I closed the door behind me and then put our suitcases on the bed. "Sorry for being cold out there to your mom. It's just...this was unexpected." I understood and sighed as I walked over to her. I then moved to wrap my arms around her before kissing her forehead. "I'm sorry. However Gabby, I know what I should say but...I can't say it. I can't tell my mom to leave."

Gabby understood and nodded. "It's okay. I know you haven't seen your mom in a few months. Plus, she deserves to meet Matteo. I guess I was just expecting a bit more...privacy." I nodded and understood but, at the same time...I had to think about my mom's health. "And if I could, I would ask her to stay in a hotel but...I can't Gabby. It's not a good idea considering....the factors" Gabby understood what I meant and nodded. "Nice way to say age." I smiled as I held her close and then kissed her forehead softly. "I promise though, we will get time alone."

Gabby smiled when I said that. "We can always say that she has to watch him at night when he's asleep? Be the doting grandmother while we get time alone. After all, you are still recovering from your cold. Oh, that reminds me. You need to change into the sweater I got out for you." I nodded and let her go before walking over to the bed and looking at it. I just looked at it and then stared at Gabby before lifting it up. "Your kidding right?" Gabby smirked. "What?"

I then bit my lip and just shut up. "Uh ya, keep that yapper shut. Just because you went under the knife for me doesn't mean that I am going to jump at every chance to get in bed with you." I nodded and chuckled. "Can you talk any louder? I'd like you to make a better first impression on my mom than what she saw at the door. Gabby, you do realize that we got married twice without you ever having met my mom formally? Oh, and we also have a baby." 

Gabby nodded and agreed. "Listen, let's just get changed and then we can head out there. In fact, I'm almost ready. How does you mom take her coffee?" I bit my lip and honestly forgot. "I think you are going to have to ask her when you go out there. It's a good conversation starter." Gabby agreed and smiled. "Good point. Now listen, let's get changed and then we can go out there and talk. While she's here...I don't want to stay in here all the time." I nodded and agreed before smiling at her as she walked out of the bedroom so that she could make my mom a coffee.