Chapter 954

Matt's POV: As I finished getting a bottle ready for my mom, I smiled when I walked over to her. "Here we go, this is for him when he's ready." My mom smiled when I said that. "You measure it all right?" I looked at her and sighed. "You are getting a break today but mom, I've been doing it for a few months now. He's turning 4 months in a week." My mom nodded and was a little disappointed by the look I saw her on her face. "What's bothering you mom? I know that face."

She sighed and looked at me. "He's almost 4 months and I'm only meeting him now Matt. Everybody else in the family has met him." I sighed and understood where she was coming from. "Mom, I'm sorry about this but...things have been crazy around here. Between my job, us getting married, having someone threaten to kill me...." My mom then stopped me when I said that. "Okay, back up and tell me about that. Who threatened to kill you?" I sighed when I saw Gabby.

"My dad." My mom was shocked when Gabby said that. "Okay, you're going to have to explain me that. Why in the world would your father-in-law want to kill you?" I sighed and looked at my mom. "He's Catholic and aware of Gabby's aneurysm. So, he didn't like that I didn't support her during her pregnancy...which I didn't know about in my defence...or that she had a baby anyways. Yes, Matteo could've killed her but...I am still happy to be a dad."

Gabby then moved to walk over to my mom. "Here Matteo, how about you meet your grandmother and let her feed you some lunch?" My mom smiled when she grabbed Matteo and started to feed him. Gabby then looked at me. "And I am going to order us some Chinese. Sorry, that's what I'm craving right now." I nodded and smiled. "Go ahead. That sounds delicious." My mom then smiled. "Want me to make some of my recipes tomorrow for Christmas?"

I thought about it and sighed. "Mom, we were hoping to just do a low key Christmas this year if that's possible." My mom nodded and then agreed when Gabby spoke up. "Nancy what do you like to have when it comes to Chinese food?" My mom smiled when she asked. "I like chicken balls, breaded shrimp and an egg roll. Oh and chicken fried rice too." Gabby then chuckled a bit when she said that. "Matt gets the same order as you. This makes it easier."

I smiled when she said that. "Why don't you just get a combo meal for 6?" Gabby then glared at me. "6 people?" I smiled. "Then we don't have to cook Christmas lunch tomorrow. We can just heat up the leftovers." My mom looked at me and then understood why. We would want to spend as much time with her as possible why also enjoying Matteo's first Christmas. Heck, if we wanted to have a real meal...we are going to have to start cooking tonight probably.

Gabby smiled when she grabbed her phone and went to call the Chinese place. "Actually, tomorrow we should order in from the bar we own. You haven't tried their cooking yet mom." My mom then looked at me confused. "You own a bar?" I sighed. "Yes, we have a majority share in a bar that we own with our friends. I actually helped build it. Now, this was before we were dating but...I negotiated that I would get shares in the restaurant rather than money. It's been good."

My mom smiled at the idea. "What happened to Gabby's shares when you got married?" I smiled. "She's kept them separate from me. They are in her name only and are not part of our marital property. As far as I'm concerned...when it comes to the business, we are only business partners." Gabby then walked over to me after ordering the food. "That reminds me. I still need to look over those books. Remind me to do it in the New Year." I nodded and agreed.

My mom was confused. "Why do you need to look at the books?" Gabby smiled. "Need to see how much money we lost from a failed expansion from when I was gone to Puerto Rico. Oh, I swear Nancy...someday you really need to go. It was an amazing experience. I just wish the work didn't stop because of the pandemic. I swear...someday, I am going back and Matt is coming." I nodded and smiled when she said that. "I promise. Learned my lesson last time."

My mom smiled at us and was glad to see me happy. "So, now that we have supper on the way and I'm feeding him...what are your plans for tonight?" I smiled when my mom asked. "Maybe we can do Christmas movies in pajamas?" Gabby smiled and liked the idea. "That would be amazing. The night before Christmas anybody?" I nodded and agreed. "Oh that reminds me...I need to show my mom what you gave me for Christmas. She'll love it."

My mom looked at me and smiled. "What is it?" I smiled. "Let me get it for you. You'll love it just as much as I do because it'll fill you in on what's been happening here since his birth." My mom agreed and nodded. I then turned to look at Gabby and smiled at her. "Mind if I get up to go get it?" Gabby nodded and agreed, letting me up so that I could go get the little photo album she made for me as a Christmas gift which was still in my duffle bag.

After walking in, I smiled when I saw that Gabby had already taken it out and set it down on my side table. Walking over to grab it, I decided to look at it quickly so that I could remember the order in case my mom asked questions. Once I had the order memorized, I made my way back out to the living room so that I could let my mom look at it. However first, she had to finish Matteo. There was no way I was going to let Matteo ruin this gift.