Chapter 984

Matt's POV: After spending the past 2 hours in bed, I smiled as I looked at Gabby since we just had a whole lot of fun together. However, our time in bed was now over since my mom just told me that the "Christmas dinner" she made for us was ready. While I didn't really expect it, I wasn't going to complain at all. "What do you think my mom made for Christmas dinner? Not like we really had anything around the house really to make." Gabby turned to look at me and smiled. "She probably found something."

I nodded and agreed as I saw her wearing a tight dress. Quickly walking over to her, I moved my hands to her waist before holding her close. "How you feeling?" Gabby smiled when I asked that before moving her hands to my chest. "Like the luckiest girl in the world. I love you Matt." I smiled when said that and then bent down to kiss her softly. "I love you too. Forever." We both smiled at each other as we said that before hugging each other.

Holding her tight against my chest, I smiled because of how glad I was that she was safe. I am also glad she still feels safe in my arms. After she was attacked at the firehouse, I felt like such a failure. I mean...I'm her husband and I let that happen. However, I can't blame myself because I also know that we would've trusted any firefighter that goes into those washrooms just because they are firefighters. We have a bias against believing the worst of other firefighters because of how much they put on the line each and every day to serve the people of Chicago.

After holding her for a bit, I kissed Gabby's forehead and smiled at her. "Let's get out there and eat. I don't want the food to get cold." Gabby nodded and agreed as she let me go before grabbing my hand and leading me out of the bedroom. Walking out, we saw my mom just finishing up the leftovers. "Oh, you just made the leftovers." My mom looked up at me. "You expecting something else?" I shook my head. "No, I was actually worried you made something."

She chuckled and smiled. "Trust me, that would've never happened considering I didn't have the time to do that. However, I am just giving you a warning that I want to spend a bit of time with you after dinner. You guys have had your fun, now it's time for us to enjoy a bit of time together until you have to go to bed. Spend time with Matteo tonight because as of tomorrow, he's mine. Also Gabby, you need to give me the measurements."

I then smiled at my mom. "Mom, if you want to watch him tomorrow like we originally planned go ahead. But, we aren't working tomorrow remember?" She then nodded and remembered. "Right, forgot. If you want then, I can take him out and you can have the place to yourself." I shook my head. "Mom, COVID." She nodded and sighed. "Okay, then maybe we can spend the day together. My flight back home is still booked for the 27th." 

I nodded and agreed. "Then it's settled, tomorrow we are spending the day together out here as a family. We can do a family PJ movie day or something." Gabby smiled and liked that idea. "That sounds like fun. We promise, our PJs are appropriate. However, we need to eat because after that, I want to put my PJs on for the night because Matteo has to do the same." We all nodded and smiled before sitting down at the table.

My mom already made the plates and each gave us a combination of everything we had leftover. This was perfect since I liked everything on my plate and so did Gabby. We all then smiled at each other as we ate supper that night, happy to be with each other as we celebrated our first Christmas as parents.