Chapter 980

Meanwhile at Gaffney Chicago Medical Center

Natalie's POV: As I got off the phone with Erin, I made my way out to the desk to see Will working on some charts. I then walked over to him and smiled. I just hated that he couldn't see it because of my mask. "Hey, so I just talked to Erin." He turned to look at me when I said that. "Calling to check if you were working?" I nodded. "We have a patient coming. He specifically requested us to be on his service." That got Will worried. "What's wrong with Jay?"

I sighed and looked at him. "Not positive yet but, Erin just wanted him to get checked out because he's been acting out of the ordinary and rarely ever gets sick because of how healthy he eats and how active he is." Will agreed and nodded. "Definitely. Jay never got sick that much when he was a kid. Me on the other hand, I was in the hospital at least once a year with this bug or that bug. Oh, and I also got this infection after chicken pox which affected my balance."

I was shocked when Will said that because I never knew. "Wow, that's a lot of time spent in the hospital. Now, do you think we need to talk to Goodwin about us treating Jay?" That's when we heard Goodwin come in. "You can treat your brother Dr. Halstead, we both know that it's best in this time. However, not when this is all over." I turned to look at Goodwin, shocked she was here. "What are you doing here Mrs. Goodwin? I thought you were working from home?" She nodded.

"I am. But, one of our donors wanted to meet in person. I just finished and now I am on my way back home. However, first I need to go check in on our McCormick Place field hospital. And, I wanted to say my congratulations in person to you both. First, on the wedding. And second, on the future Dr. Halstead." Will smiled when she said that. "It's actually Dr. Manning-Halstead. We are merging our names." Goodwin was shocked when I said that. "Wow, interesting."

I nodded and agreed. "The crazy things some guys do for love. Now listen, I am going to get a room ready and reserve it for Jay and Erin. I want to clean it as well as possible considering she is high risk when it comes to COVID." Goodwin was confused when I said that. "What's wrong?" I sighed and looked at her. "She's pregnant with their first daughter. So, I want to do whatever I can to prevent her from getting it. Plus, her mom already died of COVID."

Goodwin sighed. "That's too bad." I nodded. "Worst part of all, she was treated here in our COVID wing. Well, at McCormick place since that's where all of our COVID cases are going." Goodwin nodded. "Send her my wishes. Now, I am going home since that's where I'm safest. Maybe give your brother a COVID test while he's here to ease their minds that it's not COVID." Will nodded and liked that idea. "I will get one ready ahead of time." We both nodded. "And I will get his charts ahead of time and wait for him at the door. Bring him in right away." 

We both agreed and then walked away to do our respective tasks which we just said that we'd do before Jay arrived at the hospital to get checked out.