Chapter 966

Jay's POV: As I looked at Desk Sergeant Platt, I was worried about what she was going to ask me. I just hoped that it wasn't at all related to the incident in Joliet because I didn't know whether or not I was going to want to talk about it. However, that choice was taken out of my hands when she asked me about it. "What happened in Joliet that made the commissioner suspend you?" I sighed and looked at her. "I saved a guys' life by tackling a police officer. George Floyd situation." She sighed and understood. "Good save then, you did the right thing."

I smiled, agreeing with her. "I thought I did. Hank is going to try and speak with the Commissioner. However, I don't care. I am still off until the new year and I am working from home anyways, so it doesn't really matter. Gives us time to prepare to the baby since Erin took the time off." Platt then smiled at us. "By the way, how far along are you now Erin?" Erin sighed. "I don't know how to calculate that. But, I'm due in May." Trudy nodded and agreed.

That's when we heard Adam walk in with Kim. "Where's the grub? Heard there was a soup kitchen here." I turned to look at him and chuckled, which made Trudy comment. "And there's why we call you detective chuckles down at the firehouse." I nodded and smiled when Adam walked over to us. "How's your first Christmas going?" I nodded and smiled. "Good, just stay a bit. Precious cargo here." I then put my hand on Erin's stomach and smiled.

That's when Chief Boden spoke up. "Listen, it's starting to get crowded in here. So, all staff that are working the soup kitchen...move it outside. We are not serving people in here. However, the gentleman that are here...you are helping with the tables first. We moved the trucks out for a reason. So, Detective Halstead, Severide, Hermann, Mouch, Gallo, Mills and Casey. Help with the tables." Casey then walked in with Gabby and nodded. "Sure chief." He then let go of Gabby's hand and walked into the staff room to get more tables.

I turned to look at Erin and went to kiss her cheek so that I could go help with the tables as well. Making my way into the room, I saw Matt grabbing a table. "Here let me help, last time I checked...we worked together pretty good last time." Matt chuckled and nodded. "Last Christmas before the baby comes." I nodded and agreed as we picked up the table and carried it out the doors so that we could bring it to the apparatus floor. "Erin, can you get the door?"

Erin nodded and walked over to the door which was separating the staff room with the apparatus floor. Walking through, I smiled at her before carrying it out. That's when we saw Donna Boden walk in. "That's a good idea to have the meal out here." I nodded and smiled at her. Matt then looked at her. "Give me a minute to help and we can talk Donna. How are you?" She smiled and nodded. "Great, Wallace in the common room?" I nodded and smiled.

We then moved to carry the table to the floor and set it up while Donna walked inside. Looking at Matt after we set up the floor. "You chief's kid is pretty young." Her nodded and smiled. "Hey, no judgment here. Last time I checked....I had kids late in life for my age." We both nodded and smiled as we walked in. "Who's watching Matteo? See he's not here." Matt smiled. "My mom. By the way, how's Erin holding up?" I was about to answer when Erin overheard.

"Okay listen, I am only going to answer this once." Everybody then turned to look at her, as did I before walking over to her. "I'm fine. Me and my mom weren't that close. So please don't ask me about how I'm doing. You can ask me about the baby and stuff. But please, not about her." I moved to wrap my arm around her and then kissed her head as I calmed her down. "Relax babe." She nodded and sighed before looking at me.

Matt then walked over to us and smiled. "Listen, if you need a place to talk. My office is over there. The one on the left." I smiled when he said that and nodded. "Do you need to talk to me Erin?" Erin sighed and nodded before grabbing my hand. We then walked away together while I spoke to the ground. "Be right back." We then walked away to Matt's office so we could talk.