Chapter 979

Erin's POV: As I walked into the washroom, I looked at Jay as he vomited into the toilet. And this was not something I was used to seeing. Jay is one of the healthiest guys alive (who works out on a daily basis) and I don't think I've ever seen him throw up. Walking up behind him, I moved to run my fingers through his hair before rubbing his back. "You okay?" Jay turned to look at me as he sat on the floor. "I've been feeling a little weird since the firehouse honestly." I was shocked when he said that. "Why didn't you say anything?"

Jay sighed and looked at me. "I just thought it was a cough that needed to come up or just something wasn't sitting well. However, this hasn't happened before when something I eat doesn't sit well with me." I nodded and understood while sitting on the edge of our bath. I then moved to grab his hand and sighed. "You think maybe this is something serious what we need to be worried about?" Jay sighed and didn't want to worry me. "Be honest with me Jay. Don't hide it in. Do you think we should go to the hospital?"

Jay sighed again and then got up to sit next to me. "I think it wouldn't hurt." I nodded and sighed as I felt him wrap his arm around me. "I want you to get tested okay?" Jay nodded and agreed as he moved to kiss my head. "I don't think it will be that but...it can't hurt to get tested. Will and Natalie are working today so we are probably going to be treated by them. Or at least, I will request it since we are family. I'm sure they'll waive the ban since you're pregnant."

I agreed and sighed. "I am going to call Natalie okay? You put a shirt on and make sure you have everything." Jay nodded and agreed as he got up before kissing my forehead. Watching him walk away, I sighed again before going to grab my phone. Scrolling through my contacts, I hit Natalie's number. I then put my phone up to my ear and hoped she wasn't with a patient. "Erin, everything okay?!?" I could hear the worry in her voice and decided to give her some reassurance that it wasn't me. "It's not me, it's Jay."

That didn't really do anything to reassure her but it did calm her down a bit. Probably because she then knew it didn't have anything to do with the baby. While I may not know Natalie, I do know Will pretty well. They would probably be guilt ridden if something happened to the baby that they knew that they could've prevented. "He hasn't been feeling the best and he's one of the healthiest people that I've ever known." Natalie chuckled and agreed. "I know, great body."

I laughed when she said that. "Hey, you're married to his brother. You don't get to stare at him." Natalie chuckled and agreed. "I know, but I'm not blind!" We both agreed and chuckled. "So listen, I wanted to give you a heads up because I want you guys to treat him. It's just a reassurance for me. I am also going to come. Knowing him, he is not going to really listen to Will so, I am going to need to be there to ask questions." Natalie agreed. "Of course, we'll get a room ready for you guys that is non-COVID."

I agreed and smiled. "Thanks Natalie. See you in 30 tops." I then hung up before getting up and walking out to Jay. I then saw him walk out of our closet in a shirt and some new pants. "Hello handsome." Jay chuckled and walked over to me. He wanted to kiss me but I pushed him away. "Not until you brush your teeth. I already called Natalie. She and Will are going to treat you." Jay agreed and nodded. "I know this is just a precaution but, I am going to do whatever you need me to do so that you don't get too worried or worked up. Because then, I'll not only have to worry about my own problems but...I'll also have to deal with Hank."

I chuckled and agreed, nodding. "Oh, you definitely Will. Now listen, grab your wallet and lets get going. The longer we are here, the more stressed I get because I don't know what's going on with my husband. You need to promise me that you will listen to the doctors." Jay agreed and then grabbed my hand smiling. He then intertwined our fingers as he led me out of the bedroom so that we could go to Chicago Med to get him checked out.