Chapter 961

Matt's POV: After finishing up in the washroom, I smiled as I made my way into the bedroom. Closing the door so that me and Gabby could have some privacy, I quickly poked my head out to say goodnight to my mom. "Goodnight mom, if you need anything just let me know." She then turned to look at me and smiled. "Matt, the kitchen is right there and the washroom is there. I got it. You go rest up and get better after your dip in the lake." I nodded and smiled before closing the door behind me. I then looked at Gabby and smiled since she was in bed.

Walking over to her, I then went to open the covers and moved close to her. "God, today was a busy day." Gabby agreed and chuckled as she put her hand on my cheek. "Think if we were working tomorrow how busy we would be. Christmas shifts are always really busy." I nodded and smiled. "That reminds me, we said that our crew worked tonight right?" Gabby shook her head. "No, they work Saturday. About that...we just got called into a shift unfortunately."

I was shocked when she said that. "What?" Gabby sighed. "We work the 26th-27th shift. Cruz has to quarantine since he came into close contact and so does his good friend, Gianna." I sighed and then thought about it. "My mom said she's staying until the 26th. Wonder if she can extend? That way she can watch Matteo during our shift that day." Gabby sighed. "Want to go ask her now or should we wait until the morning?" I sighed. "Let me do it now. That way she has time to think about it." Getting out of bed, I quickly made my way out so that I could talk to my mom.

Walking out to the living room, I saw my mom reading. "Good, you aren't asleep yet." My mom then put her book down and was confused. "What's wrong Matt?" I sighed and looked at her. "What day did you say you're leaving again?" She looked at me and smiled. "I was thinking the 27th or 28th. Why, you need me to leave sooner?" I shook my head. "No, actually...that works out great. Can you leave the 28th? We have to work the December 26th-27th Shift." My mom was shocked. "Why?"

I sighed. "One of our friends has come into contact with someone with COVID and so has his good friend. He works on truck and she's a paramedic at the firehouse. So...we need to take her place since the entire crew has to quarantine. Would you mind watching Matteo for us?" My mom smiled when I asked. "Of course not. I'd love that." I nodded and smiled. "We'll talk about it tomorrow because Gabby will bring it up. But thanks. See you in the morning."

I smiled at my mom one last time before walking back into the room. Closing the door again, I looked at Gabby. "She's leaving the 28th." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Perfect, and our shift?" I nodded and smiled. "She's going to watch him. By the way, this is our first shift since they made the new paramedic office. We get our old one back I heard because Hermann took the new office." Gabby smiled, liking that idea. "Perfect."

I then moved to join her in bed and chuckled as I leaned over to kiss her softly. "Let's just hope there isn't too many calls. We have to be extra careful because of COVID." Gabby agreed and smiled as we shared a nice kiss in bed, ready to sleep that night before Christmas in the morning.