Chapter 964

Two Hours Later after Exchanging Gifts

Gabby's POV: As I got ready to go to the firehouse to work at the soup kitchen, I smiled as I watched Matteo play with his new toys that his grandmother gave him. She was very generous and I especially like the couple's massage that she gave us. That was going to be a nice date for me and Matt. I just hoped that we could use it before it expired and/or that they would still give us a credit to use it when the pandemic was over. That's when I felt Matt walk in behind me.

Moving to wrap his arms around me as I stood at our closet, he smiled as he saw me wearing my necklace. "You like wearing the necklace of yours don't you?" I nodded and smiled as I moved my hands to his. "You need to calm down okay? We don't need the entire general public to watch us get sexy when we are working at the soup kitchen." Matt agreed and smiled as he kissed my head. "My mom says she's okay to just spend time with him. We can go as long as we want. She said that she can even make us Christmas dinner."

I turned around to look at him and shook my head. "We'll pick something up on the way. We are not letting her cook when she's already watching Matteo and letting us go work a soup kitchen on Christmas when she probably expected us to spend time with her. Oh, and not to mention...she's also going to be watching Matteo tomorrow when we're on a 24 hour shift." Matt agreed and smiled before holding me close. I then leaned up and kissed him softly.

"God, I love you so much." Matt smiled when I said that before kissing me again. "The necklace looks great with this outfit. If only we could sneak out to a hotel and have each other later." I pushed him off and laughed. "Nice try, that's not happening. We are coming back here. Now, calm down because we are heading to work." Matt agreed and smiled as he went to grab his jacket from his closet. "Just remember that we are there for the soup kitchen, not paramedic."

I turned around to look at him and nodded. "No, that's the other crew remember? We are off duty today. The entire crew that we are a part of is. However, I may have to change where I am working. I think Molly's has donated some stuff." Matt nodded and smiled. "Talk to Hermann I guess to see if he's going to be there?" I chuckled and smiled. "That obvious?" Matt nodded and agreed. "You probably wanted Cindy's opinion on leaving Matteo to go volunteer." I sighed and nodded because I was feeling a little guilty about it. "It's his first Christmas."

Matt nodded and then grabbed my hand. "Which only we will remember. Gabby, he's only 4 months old...well, almost...he's not going to remember his first Christmas." I nodded and agreed before rubbing his hand and playing with his wedding band. "Got, it feels nice to have you wearing your wedding band again. Just promise you keep it on permanently again." Matt nodded and smiled. "Trust me, the day this leaves my finger is the day I die." I smiled when he said that and nodded before going to kiss him. "Let's go say goodbye to Matteo."

Matt then nodded and smiled as he followed me out to the living room. Holding my hand as he walked out behind me, I could tell that Matt was looking at his mom as she did the dishes. "Mom, we have a dishwasher for a reason." She looked up at Matt and smiled. "Oh, let me be. I am not just going to sit around and do nothing. However, I am going to rest. You guys may think that I am doing this just to let you guys go volunteer but...it's for me too. It was a long drive. A lot of traffic yesterday. And that bed was not the best. Honestly, I might go stay in a hotel tonight."

Matt sighed when she said that but understood. "We'll talk about it later. It's just easier if you're already here when we have to go to work considering we start at 8. That reminds me Gabby, remind me to set my alarm for 7 tomorrow since we need to be out the door by 7:45 to avoid the traffic." I nodded and agreed, smiling. "Sure thing. But listen, let's get going. If we get there sooner, we can maybe try and get a lighter crowd. I think after a while...we'll be tired and want to come home but, I want to stay as long as we can. I am just glad our friends aren't on shift."

Matt chuckled and smiled. "They are just working. However, I also heard that some of our other friends are joining us. More specifically, Jay and Erin came back. They have the day off but...they want to help serve the community." I nodded and smiled. "Then let's get going. We need to get there before the rush gets there." I then turned to look at Nancy and smiled. I then walked over and hugged her. "Thanks again for watching Matteo. See you later." She smiled and nodded. "Have fun." Matt then walked over and hugged her, smiling. "Call us if you need anything."

She nodded and smiled. "We'll be fine Matt. Now, go help the community and feed them. Who knows how many homeless people are going to be going to the firehouse today to get a warm meal." We both nodded and agreed as we each gave Matteo a kiss before grabbing each other's hands and walking out the door. Locking the door on our way to the car, I watched as Matt gave me the keys to the SUV. I was shocked. "What?" He smiled at me. "I always drive, I need to give you the chance sometimes."

I agreed and smiled as I went to get in the driver's seat, oddly excited to drive. Once we were both in, I started the car and then pulled out of our driveway to go to the firehouse where we were going to be serving the community some Christmas meals.