Chapter 962: Merry Christmas

Matt's POV: As I wake up on Christmas Morning, I smile as I finish taking a shower and getting dressed. Lucky for me, the entire house was still asleep. I wanted to be ready first because that way I could do the hosting. After all, my mom was here and I wanted Gabby to relax. She's been taking care of me for a few days after all so now...it was my turn to do the same for her. Once I was done, I went to put my towel in our bedroom since I already got dressed in the washroom. I hoped that Gabby would still be asleep but she wasn't. She was instead just laying down in bed, looking gorgeous as always. "Did I wake you up?"

Gabby looked at me and smiled. "I wish you had. I could've joined you." I then leaned over her and kissed her softly. "Not when my mom is here. Merry Christmas." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Merry Christmas to you too. By the way, did I heard what you said last night right...you're okay with working December 26th-27th?" I nodded and smiled. "Gives my mom time to bond with Matteo more. And keeps her here an extra day." Gabby smiled when I said that. "Just confirm with her this morning okay? Be sure we have someone to watch him."

I agreed and smiled as I got up and then walked over to put some cologne on. "By the way, when you calling your brother? If I know you, you're already trying to figure that out." Gabby sighed and looked at me. "I was going to do a video chat with him this afternoon. While I'd like for you to be on there...I would understand if you'd rather be with your mom." Turning around to look at her, I smiled at her. "No, I will join. It's Christmas after all and I have 2 families. I can't just spend it with my mom. That wouldn't be fair to you or Matteo."

Gabby then smiled when I said his name because my mom was at the door. "Someone say Matteo?" I then turned to look at my mom who already got Matteo changed and dressed. "I wondered where you went when I came out of the shower. I didn't see you and I was in the washroom so...I assumed that you went out for a walk or something?" My mom shook my head. "Nope, now...let's get this Christmas started." I chuckled and smiled. "First, let me make breakfast for Gabby. I have to talk to you at the same time while you feed him."

My mom agreed and smiled as she walked out. I then turned to look at Gabby before smiling at her. "Take a few minutes to wake up and then come out. I will make some pancakes." Gabby then smiled. "Sounds delicious." I smiled when she said that before walking out to the kitchen so that I could talk to my mom. "Okay, pancakes are coming up but mom I need to talk to you about something to make sure we are on the same page."

My mom then smiled at me while she held Matteo on the couch. I then went to grab a bottle from the fridge before walking over to her. "But first, come here." Setting Matteo down on the couch, my mom got up and smiled as she hugged me. Leaving a kiss on her cheek, I smiled at her. "Merry Christmas mom." My mom smiled when I said that. "Merry Christmas to you too." I smiled and gave her a bottle. "So, you're sure that you can stay until the 28th?"

My mom nodded as she sat down on the couch and fed Matteo for us. "Matt, I'd love that. Honestly...I didn't want to impose longer than you wanted me here but secretly, I wanted you to ask me to stay longer. I have a week's worth of clothes. So, if you need to work then go ahead." I chuckled and smiled while walking over to the kitchen to make breakfast. "Don't push your luck. I'd love for you to stay that long but, let me talk to Gabby. If she's okay with it then I'm okay with it." My mom smiled when I said that.

"I want to go to the firehouse while I'm here Matt. I want to see where you and Gabby work." I smiled when she said that. "That'd be great. Maybe we can head over today. They're doing the annual CFD soup kitchen at the house. This year it's outside in the garage though." She nodded and agreed. "That sounds great. You going to volunteer?" I sighed and shook my head. "I don't know the style but, I can't because of that little guy there." My mom then smiled.

"Just curious Matt, I know this might not be something you want to talk about but...what happened to your foster child?" I sighed when she brought Louie up. "His dad came back around and he took him in. It was for the best." She nodded and agreed. "I won't bring it up because I can tell it's something that's hard for you to talk about." I nodded and smiled. "Thanks mom." She then smiled at me before looking at Matteo who was eating. "God, you're such a good baby. You must get this from your mom. Your dad was never this easy."

I looked at her. "No way, he's a lot calmer than Gabby was when she was a baby according to her brother Antonio. Plus, she's a latina and there's a lot more excitement in that house. Believe me when I say this...their parties are crazy. Some stories I could tell are really fun if they weren't also very sad." That's when I saw Gabby come out. "Nice way to describe my parent's anniversary party that ended up being their divorce announcement." I sighed and looked at her. "Sorry."

Gabby then walked over to me and smiled. Moving her hand to my chest, she then tugged my lips down to hers and kissed me softly. "Merry Christmas." I smiled when she did that before holding her close for a minute. "Merry Christmas is right." I then wrapped my arms around her waist as she stood in front of me at the stove. I then continued to make breakfast for us while holding Gabby in my arms.