Chapter 976

Matt's POV: As I talked to Boden after us skipping the shift we signed up for, I sighed. "I know it's last minute but I just don't feel comfortable walking through the halls of the firehouse right now." Boden agreed and sighed. "I understand Matt. And honestly, I've already been expecting this call and made a call to the reliever hotline. We will have two paramedics from the reliever pool joining us here on shift. You have nothing to worry about."

I agreed and sighed. "Other than my wife's mental health. Can you promise me that he won't be allowed in the firehouse ever again? I think I'll kill him if I ever see him." Boden agreed. "Of course, he will be banned." I smiled when he said that before nodding. "Listen, you should go be with Gabby. Tell her we're thinking about her." I nodded and agreed. "Thanks Boden." I then hung up when I saw my mom come out. "That was your chief?"

I nodded. "We're going to be here tomorrow after all." My mom agreed and then walked up to me to give me a hug. "You deserve to be here as long as you need to be. Matt, you need to be here for Gabby. I am going to be here for you, her and Matteo. I will stay as long as you need me to be and I will be the best grandmother in the world to your little guy. Let me take care of him and let me take care of you both."

I smiled when she said that and then looked at her. "You are just so happy to be with your grandson that you are finding any reason to stay." She blushed and nodded when I said that. "I can't help it. Matt, this was something I've always wanted for you. You are such a good father and husband. And I am so proud of you. This is what I've always wanted for you for that reason." I smiled when my mom said that and nodded.

"I love you mom and I am so glad that you are back in our lives. Now, if only I could convince you to move back to Chicago to help us with Matteo." She smiled and nodded. "About that...what if I said I was thinking of moving back to the neighborhood? I'm working from home and can be your designated babysitter for Matteo whenever you need me." I smiled when she said that and nodded. "I would love for you to come here and stay."

She smiled and nodded. "Christie is actually happy that I am going to move back here again. So, we are all going to be back in the same town. This will be fun and an adventure for all of us. Now listen, you need to go back to Gabby. She needs you." I smiled and nodded before kissing her forehead. I then went to look at Matteo before looking down at him. "Hi buddy, how are you?" I then went to pick him up. "Grandma's going to watch you today okay? Merry Christmas."

I then kissed his forehead and smiled. "Now, I am going to bring you to see your mom quickly before you can spend time with grandma." I then smiled as I walked into our bedroom quickly to let Gabby see him. Looking at her as I carried Matteo in, I smiled as she reached out for him. "So, I just found out we are going to have a permanent babysitter soon." She was confused as she looked at me. "Who?"

I smiled. "My mom is moving back to Chicago permanently." She smiled when I said that and nodded. "Perfect. And thanks for bringing him in. This is exactly what I needed however, I need you alone right now. However, we are just going to relax okay?" I nodded and agreed. "That sounds perfect. Let me just bring him back to my mom and then I will be back. I will hold you in my arms and we can relax." Gabby agreed and smiled.

Walking back out with Matteo, I smiled at my mom before putting him in his play area. "Thanks again for watching him mom. Let us know when food's ready okay? And don't be afraid to ask questions. However, preferably via text message." She nodded and agreed before smiling. "GO spend some time with Gabby. You deserve it after all of this stuff that's been going on around you guys in the past few days."

I smiled when my mom said that before nodding as I made my way into the bedroom to relax with Gabby in our bed.