You don't have to worry about me hyung!

sexcwoo😘

sanosaurus🦕 hey
are we still on for this morning?

sexcwoo😘 yeah
meet you there

sanosaurus🦕 ok

———

Practice had started a few hours ago and San was still not here. Hongjoong was beginning to worry. It wasn't like San to be late.

"Are you sure he didn't tell you where he'd be?" he asked his bandmates but they both assured him they didn't know anymore than he did.

Hongjoong knew that San had been a bit off lately but he figured it was partly due to his poor leadership over the past few days, especially when Seonghwa had ended things. He'd found it pretty hard to hide how disappointed he was and his members had been working hard to make sure he was alright. He hadn't paid enough attention to notice if San was going through anything on his own. He felt so guilty for not seeing it.

Just then the door opened and San rushed in with a smile on his face.

"Sorry I'm late you guys my alarm never went off! I didn't think it was even possible for me to sleep this late!" he laughed, quickly pulling out his guitar to get started.

Hongjoong wanted to sigh a breath of relief but he couldn't help but notice San's appearance showed no signs of a rushed start as his hair was styled and his outfit was well-coordinated. But San wouldn't just take his time if he woke up late, would he? He often gets worked up about being tardy and has shown up with bed head and pajamas to avoid being late before. Hongjoong could see that he was trying to avoid the topic so he didn't press and laughed along.

"You're all good San, we were starting to worry!" he teased.

"You don't have to worry about me hyung! I'm here now so let's get practice going! Sorry again," San said with a soft smile but Hongjoong could tell he was forcing it.

"Good idea. Everyone set to start at measure 20?"

He would ask about it later if San wanted to talk but for now he'd give him space.