Predictions announced

As they wrapped up rehearsal, Seonghwa made sure to tell everyone how proud he was. They had just gotten the music today but it was coming along alright. Of course they needed a lot of practice but they'd made it through the whole thing at least once which he hadn't expected. He could feel their hopes rising. Maybe this song wouldn't hurt them. Maybe the emotional and authentic lyrics could help them. Either way, he just hoped he could show Hongjoong how he truly felt.

As they were packing up their instruments, everyone got a notification. Confused, they each grabbed their phone to check.

———

2018 Seoul Rock and Roll Festival Predictions Announced

———

All of them looked at each other nervously. Before every festival each group would have their music looked at by a group of panelists that would each vote individually on which group they expected to win. Though it didn't really mean anything, it was definitely a confidence boost to be the leading group. And they could all use a confidence boost.

"I vote Seonghwa opens it first," said Wooyoung, throwing his phone onto the bed.

"Agreed," said Yunho, doing the same. Mingi followed suit.

"Okay Seonghwa. What does it say?"

Seonghwa pressed the notification and scrolled through the band names until he found Wonderland vs. Fever.

He froze.

———

Wonderland: 0

Fever: 10

———

"Well what does it say?"

"We didn't get any votes. Not one."

They all stared at him in silence.

"You mean no one picked us?"

"No one."

They each stated at the ground in dismay.

"Well, check what the comments are! I'm sure there's a reason! And maybe we can improve some things before the performance!" said Yunho optimistically.

"Good thinking Yunho," mustered Seonghwa who was feeling pretty defeated.

———

Comments:

Fever overall had a much more authentic sound. Their music is incredibly distinct, unlike anything I've heard before. Very original. Wonderland was very talented and enjoyable but missing the flair of Fever.

I was in love with Fever's instrumentals! They clearly demonstrate a knowledge of music as well as talent! The second guitar is sensational! Wonderland is clearly talented but no members stood out in particular. Both groups were great! Good luck in the competition!

Fever vocalist was incredible! The higher notes were very impressive for such a young group! Definitely a lot of talent there! Wonderland was very talented as well but didn't focus on any particular member enough to point out a star. Overall great music made by both groups!

———

"I think that's enough," Seonghwa said, dejected.