He looked so goddamn fine

Seonghwa was desperate to find a way to get Hongjoong back. Ever since they'd argued a week ago, Hongjoong had ignored Seonghwa's messages and eventually blocked him. Seonghwa was a wreck and with a week until the competition his bandmates were starting to worry about him. He had almost lost it when the face reveal photos were posted.

———

9,879 likes

9,879 likes

fevertheband Face reveal for our leader, Kim Hongjoong! ~I'm so excited to perform for you all next week! 🥰~
load comments
hongsong🎶 thank you so much for all the love! for more updates from me follow my insta!! 🥰🥰
feverish37 OH MY GOD HE'S SO HOT
rockandrollfever I CANT WAIT AGHGGH
100degreefever HOW IS HE SO HANDSOME
burningupwithafever 😍😍😍😍😍😍

———

He looked so goddamn fine. And having to open Instagram to his gorgeous face was brutal.

After staying out of touch for so long, Seonghwa missed Hongjoong more than he'd ever missed anyone in his life. He wanted to see him again so badly, just to watch him smile. Just to see his eyes sparkle as he laughed. Just to hold his adorable little hands. But the only time he'd be seeing Hongjoong would be on the stage of the competition.

Seonghwa sat up with a start. That was it! That was his key to proving his feelings! He'd have to do something at the competition. But what? He leaned back again, his hands massaging his temples. He couldn't risk it affecting the band, and he definitely couldn't risk messing it up for Fever either. But it couldn't be something small or it would never work. It needed to be big. Then it struck him.

A love song. If he wrote a love song filled with his deepest, rawest emotions, then maybe, just maybe, he could get Hongjoong's attention and let him know how he feels. But the competition was in a week! He hadn't written any love songs. How could he create an entire song, teach the members the parts, and come up with staging in 7 days?! It wasn't fair for his members to push such a burden on them. Just then, Wooyoung, Mingi and Yunho burst into the room clamoring over each other.

"Seonghwa, Seonghwa!! We came up with a way you can win over Hongjoong!" they yelled.

Seonghwa was still startled by the sudden entrance but nodded to signal he was listening.

"So I was thinking that the biggest issue was that you never really told him how you feel so—" started Wooyoung.

"So what if you wrote some deep romantic lyrics and we—" continued Mingi.

"Performed it at the competition!" finished Yunho, looking satisfied.

Did they read minds? Were they actually suggesting that they risk everything just to win over the love of his life?

"I mean—I was actually thinking the same thing but—"

"Yes!!" they cheered at once, running towards him.

"Buuuuuuuuut I'm not going to let you all risk your careers for the sake of my love life."

The stopped running, a few steps away.

"You're kidding right?" snorted Wooyoung.

"We'll still have fans whether or not we lose the competition!" chimed in Mingi.

"And besides, it might be your last chance to show him how much he means to you," said Wooyoung.

"I can't ask that of you guys, not after I've already made you put in so many hours of overtime—"

"Well it's a good thing we're the ones asking," smirked Yunho.

Seonghwa looked around at them all. They all wanted to cheer him up so badly that they were willing to put everything on the line? What if his love song sucked? And what if it didn't even work in the end? How could he take the blame if they did poorly?

"Hyung, I know you're thinking very deeply about this but we've already made the decision for you. So you'd better get writing so we can learn it pronto!" smiled Wooyoung and the three of them left the room.

Seonghwa sighed, shaking his head. His lips curled into a smile as he laughed at his members. He didn't deserve them. But he was glad he had them.

Realizing he couldn't waste any more time, he pulled out his laptop and got to work writing.