This was it

Watching Fever perform for real was intimidating.

They had such a strong presence on stage, each member confident in their part. San had taken on every guitar solo with Hongjoong out of commission and he didn't slip up once. He must have had to learn them all in the course of three days. He was incredible.

Their lead vocalist was amazing. Even when he was just singing the verses his voice soared above the music. They hardly had to turn down their amps at all. Seonghwa felt a little embarrassed knowing how much work they'd had to do to make sure his voice wasn't lost.

He hadn't noticed their drummer before but he stood out now. He was pretty calm and collected as he played and Seonghwa only saw him get ahead once in the whole performance. He had also jumped on back up vocals in Hongjoong's place which must've made him very nervous but you couldn't tell at all on stage.

Their performance was amazing and Seonghwa couldn't even imagine how outmatched he would have felt if Hongjoong had been there as well.

As soon as they'd finished Seonghwa snapped out of his amazement and felt his mind focus more than it ever had before. This was it.

The curtains closed and they rushed on stage to set up their instruments. Once Seonghwa had his mic set he went to help Mingi unload his drums. At the same time Fever was grabbing their own instruments so Seonghwa made sure to praise their performance, which brought a smile to their faces. Finally they'd had everything set and Seonghwa stood in front behind his mic. His whole body was riddled with panic but he shook out his limbs to calm them down. They had been preparing for this for years. They were ready.

"And now, for the competition, give it up for Wonderland!"

The curtains began to rise and the roar of the crowd filled Seonghwa's ears. The bright lights hit him by surprise and he had to blink for a second to adjust. He put on a big smile and waved to the crowd. Once they quieted down he looked to Mingi and nodded, signaling the start of their first song.

As the show continued Seonghwa's energy surged and he felt so alive. He couldn't stop smiling. His fingers felt so sure as they plucked out the chords. He felt his body moving with the music, and he even walked around pumping up the crowd when he wasn't singing.

He was so lost in the music that he almost forgot about the last song. But when it came time to perform it he felt himself get a bit nervous again. He smiled at the audience as the rest of the band got set up for the final song.

"This last one is something I wrote just last week," said Seonghwa as the audience gasped excitedly. "You'll have to let us know if it's any good."

The audience laughed and then started cheering to encourage them. Seonghwa felt himself blushing a bit but he felt his confidence rise with the roar of the fans and began the song.