𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 ⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1068

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐩𝐮𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜 𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟.

The creature growled lightly, showing off their pointy canines. She jumped back, and put her hands in the air in surrender. She slowly backed away, biting her lip. But every step she took, the wolf came closer.

Her mind was racing, trying to find ideas on how she can get out of this situation. She remembered reading a book where it told you what to do when encountering a bear, but unfortunately this animal wasn't a bear. But, she followed the directions anyways even if this wasn't the right creature. 

First off, she stood on her tiptoes and stretched her back. Y/n tried to look as intimidating as possible. If she could fly or become invisible, this would be so much easier.  She met their yellow eyes fearlessly, trying not to back down. She even barked her most ferocious bark to add to the mixture. Thankfully, that seemed to do something

The wolf stopped snarling, and tilted their head. They seemed pretty confused at that action, giving a light bark as a reply. 

The ghost jumped back at this, but quickly recovered and stood tall again. She truly wanted to yell "Don't contradict me, you stupid bitch." but decided against it. If the wolf understood her, they'd pounce at her instantly.

Instead, she tried to calm the wolf - even if it was pretty much calmed already. 

"Hey buddy, I'm not here to hurt you. I didn't mean to invade your territory, I just appeared here. I swear, it's the bloody truth." Y/n spoke soothingly, but suddenly a raging urge took hold of her." Listen, you're going to sit your damn ass down, and listen to me. I'm  the alpha here, and I don't wanna fuck around." 

Surprisingly, the wolf did not pounce at her. (Ofc not, because you're the main character) Instead, the creature sat down obediently with a whimper, and looked at her with puppy eyes.

"Huh? This actually worked?" She thought, her posture relaxing. She wasn't standing very tall anymore, but the wolf didn't seem to care. It stood still, and kept on gazing at her. 

It was safer to run away at this moment, and the ghost understood that. That's one of the reasons why she slowly backed again and sprinted away. Once she git at the other edge of the island, she stopped. She put her hands on her knees, and tried to calm her breathing. Her stamina wasn't the best, even as a ghost. 

She muttered a quick 'phew', before removing her hands and stretching. Once her breathing was finally normal, she turned around to see if the wolf had followed her.

Yup, it had. 

The wolf was right in front of her, it's tongue lolling as they said a small bark of greeting. Y/n let out a yelp, and backed away. Again, the creature just followed her. She was currently on the edge of the island. Two more steps, and she'd fall in the water. 

"Uh- sit!" She commanded hopelessly. 

The animal plopped down on the sand, and tilted their head. 

"Al-alright. Stay." The ghost directed, and slowly backed away. She was facing the creature, who was still sitting and gazing at her. She was about to let out a sigh of relief, until the wolf just stood up and nonchalantly trotted back to her. 

"I guess you don't know that command." Y/n shrugged, but didn't give up yet. A new idea came to mind, as she looked the wold in the eye boldly again. "Stay put, you bastard." 

The wolf immediately sat back down, but without a whimper. Actually, he looked completely unaffected by her sudden outburst. 

Thinking this tactic had finally worked, she turned away and marched away. She turned back, and saw the wolf staying there. They were 3 metres apart, which was a record. The ghost gave a quick salute to the creature, before turning to step away. 

She'd decided to try to travel home now, and for that she required a boat. She walked to the oak tree she had recently went through, and rolled up her sleeves. This would probably hurt, but she was going to do anything to go back home.

The ghost punched the tree with all her might, and continued striking at it until she had the appropriate amount of wood. She payed no attention to the blood gushing through her knuckles. In reality, she didn't even realize it. She just kept swinging at the log, determination surging through her.

Once she finally had enough wood, she picked it all up and finally noticed her wounds. 

"Shit." She cursed under her breath, flexing her fingers. 

Surprisingly, she felt no stinging. No pain, really. It seemed she was complete immune. 

Using her sleeve, she quickly tried to stop the bleeding. She wrapped the cloth around, and put continuous pressure on each hand. While doing so, she quickly stripped the wood and made some planks. When that was done, she made a crafting table and started crafting a boat. It didn't take her much time, since she had a lot of experience crafting when she was alive.

Once the boat was made, she heaved it up and walked to the water. She set it down with a splash, and excitedly got in it. Y/n lifted the paddles, and gave a silent goodbye to the island before starting to row. Instantly, a weight behind her made the boat shake a bit. She turned her head around, only to see the same wolf sat down behind her. 

At first she was a bit annoyed, but that annoyance soon faded into appreciation. At least this wolf wanted to actually stay with her.

"Well, I guess you're staying with me, buddy." The ghost said, dropping one of the paddles and giving the wolf a quick pat. "Now, what should I name you?"

Of course, the animal didn't actually reply. They just gave a small bark. 

She soon found out that the wold was a male, which gave her more choices of names.

"What about we call you.."

Hello!

Sorry for the rough ending, I was speedwriting . :D

Also- you're probably going to need to wait a few chapters before meeting up with Ghostbur :> Mostly because I want this book to not be rushed.

That's about it for now.

Have a great day!