𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1138

Gradually, her vision faded back to normal. She was back to the present, her eyes glued to the neck of her horse. It looked like they traveled a bit farther than she remembered since they were now in unrecognizable terrain. Quietly, she tried to piece together the valid information she got from that hallucination. Alerting Annalise is the last thing she wanted to do. Unbeknownst to her, her new friend already knew what was going on. She was obsessed with stories her father used to tell her, and the ghost legends were his favorite.

"Alright, so the memory activated when I was learning more about L'manberg. Then I spawned in a place I haven't been before when I was a ghost. It looks like I was in the middle - no, the end - of an election. I'm guessing the first president lost, and the new president - Jschlatt - decided to exile 'em. Kind of unreasonable, but what can you do. That's life. But, the first president who's name was Wilbur Soot confused me a lot. Was he the one who commanded his father to kill him? He appears to be very different during the election compared to his final days. And is that Wilbur the Wilbur she knew from when she was little? There is a possibility, and everyone does change. Sometimes a lot. Did that mean he was dead?" Y/n thought, the idea making her mouth dry. "Sure, he did seem to be a tad insane at the time of his death, but maybe he was drunk or something? Or perhaps it was because the nation he built was a wreck. Multiple bombs or TNT probably littered the place and exploded the country. Maybe an enemy of his decided to do this?"

"Is Wilbur Soot dead?" She asked Annalise hoping her voice sounds firm and straightforward as if she couldn't give a fuck if he died.

Unfortunately, luck wasn't on her side. Her voice cracked at the last word, making her bite her lip.

I mean, it'd be pretty tough news to find out your best friend from 10 years back died and you didn't even remember,

"Not that I care or anything." The ghost added, brushing a stray hair from her face curtly.

She didn't want to crack too easily, especially in front of someone she only met yesterday. It'd only make the situation more awkward, and she didn't need any more awkward silence. Comfortable silence is what she preferred.

"Well, I'm not really sure. I told you everything I know." Annalise replied softly, startled from the sudden sound of her friend's voice. "So how was the flashback? Not too scary I hope."

"The- the what?" Y/n repeated dumbly, surprised that she figured it out. Was she that obvious?

"The flashbacks. You know, where you relive certain memories?" The German girl described.

"How did you know?" The ghost queried. She wasn't hostile or anything, she was just curious. "Was I really that obvious?"

"I wouldn't call it very obvious, but I did find out quite rapidly. You ignored me when I was calling your name, and your eyes were kind of different. They were all widened as if you were in shock. Then your eyes were glazed, as if you were about to cry but you didn't. It looked like you weren't paying attention to what was happening around you, like your spirit was somewhere else." She reported, and added. "If I didn't know about the legends, I would've thought you were possessed or something. You barely blinked, but when you did it was so slow. Kind of creepy, if you ask me."

"That's just great," Y/n muttered sarcastically,

She wasn't a sucker for attention, but being a ghost just sucks the attention. Plus, now that she'd get this creepy expression so suddenly it'd look like she was some possessed ghost. Thank gosh she was paired up with Annalise - an expert in ghost knowledge - instead of someone else.

"Don't worry, I'm sure the people will get used to it," Annalise reassured, but it didn't really comfort the ghost.

"What if people think I'm a monster? Or worse, what if they kick me out?" She thought, her panic rising.

"People won't think you're a monster or kick you out. If they do, then move out and get some new friends." Her friend stated bluntly, giving her a stern glance before looking in front again. "Or maybe they're just getting manipulated. Eh, I guess we'll never know."

"Geez, that helps." The ghost spoke sarcastically, sinking deeper into her seat on the saddle.

"It's the truth." She shrugged, taking a sharp right turn. "As I was saying, that was the flashback about? If you don't mind telling me of course."

"Confusing stuff," Y/n said, before going into detail. She avoided talking too much about Wilbur, though.

After the explanation, Annalise blinked. "Well, the more you know."

"Is that it? Is that all you have to say?" She spoke, hoping to get an answer but got known.

"Yeah. I mean, at least I know the president's name is Jschlatt. I'll be able to tell the tale to the village." The German girl smiled thinly. "But I have to admit, you've been through some tough stuff. Seeing your teammates get exiled is tough stuff. You're pretty close to them too, yeah?"

"Mhm." The ghost nodded once, averting her eyes from Annalise's.

"Well, think about it. You'll get to see all your friends again tomorrow!" She grinned, wanting to keep the positive side of things.

"Not all," Y/n mumbled, believing that her best friend has died.

"Sorry, pardon?" The noirette raised an eyebrow.

"I said I won't stall." She recovered quickly, her eyes meeting her friend's as she smiled a nervous smile.

"That's the spirit! C'mon, if we hurry up we might get there tonight." The German girl announced proudly, urging her horse to a gallop.

Her friend's excited mood seemed to rub off on her, because the next thing she knew, she was prodding her horse to a rapid gallop.

"I bet I'll get there before you!" Y/n challenged, a childish glint in her eyes as she wore an unwavering smirk.

"Don't act like such a child, Y/n," Annalise spoke, probably remembering how she was supposed to be the mature one of the group. She had a playful look on her face though, which meant she wasn't actually serious.

"Alright. Tell me how dirt tastes like then!" The ghost snickered, making her horse get right in front of Annalise's, getting dirt all over them.

"Oh, it is on!" Her friend gritted her teeth, but there was a ghost of a wide smile on her lips.

Heya!

Thank you for reading this small chapter! :D

I hope you enjoyed it!

Have a great day!