𝐒𝐧𝐨𝐰 ⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟖

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1269

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐡𝐢𝐦 𝐫𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞. 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐆𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐛𝐮𝐫, 𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐨." 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐮𝐩. 𝐈𝐟 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦.

he strong wind propelled small snowflakes into the ground, creating a soft, freezing blanket of snow. Trees were rustling, sometimes releasing packets of snow that got stuck on their leaves in the process. The once bright, water colored skies were now the color of gravel and were uncomfortably bare. Peppery scents filled the cold environnement, probably coming from the least desired pine and spruce trees. There was no sign of living in these snowy biomes, apart from the lonely polar bears, the stray arctic foxes, and two ghosts who definitely didn't belong in this sort of place.

The snow crunched under their steps, creating a rather satisfying sound that comforted them only the slightest. The small bits of snow created this light burning feeling whenever it touched one of the ghost's skin, but the feeling wasn't as bad as it would be with rain. Needless to say, they were at least properly clothed for this kind of weather.

Y/n was still heading North with Ghostbur at her side, but not as fast as she did a few minutes ago. Her bubbling anger had calmed down, and all that was left was mild disappointment. Many villagers gawked upon seeing her, and some even looked like they were about to pass about. She paid no mind to them though, only looking straight ahead and focusing on what would lay up ahead.

"Y/n?" A small voice breathed, their tone filled with pure astonishment.

Y/n spun around and saw a small child only reaching her waist. He looked to be around 10 years old, and he was looking up at her with widened eyes. Almost a second later, the kid tackled her into a hug, almost making her tip over. The confusion she felt at this moment was immaculate.

"Dart! Hello!" Ghostbur chirped, noticing the small child who then engulfed his legs in a bone crushing hug.

"Ghostbur hi! Y/n, I- I thought you were dead?" Dart assumed, still recovering from the shock.

"Well, uh, it's a long story." She shrugged awkwardly, still not knowing who this kid is. Tommy mentioned him though, didn't he? "And we need to go North really soon, so I don't think I have time to explain."

"Oh, well then! You both aren't properly clothed for cold weather though, hold on give me a second." Dart spoke, practically sprinting away. "WAIT HERE!"

After a few moments, he came back with two huge coats, a hat, and two pairs of boots. He seemed to struggle to hold all of the clothing, but managed to balance anyway. "Alright! Here's a coat for the two of you, some boots for the two of you, and a hat for the two of you, some sweaters for the two of you, and some trousers for the two of you. These were originally my parents', but I'm sure they won't mind you using them. Actually, I think they'd be more than happy for you to keep it. That's what uncle says anyways."

And that is how the ghosts managed to stay a bit warmer in this cold place. Y/n was wearing a thick lapis coat which reached her knees that thankfully cut through the winter breeze quite nicely. A matching hood with soft, white fur trimming was attached to it as well as a long cape that trailed behind her. She was wearing a white knitted sweater and some trousers, which are probably way better than a t-shirt and some shorts.The boots she wore were pitch black and extended up to calves, and crunched through the snow with ease. The white beanie Dart had given her sat comfortably on her head, keeping it warm.

Ghostbur was at her side, wearing rather similar clothing to hers. He was wearing a long cerulean coat that faded into a sort of light blue, which was stretched up to his ankles and was blowing violently in the wind. His hood was attached to the back of his coat, and was made out of fluffy arctic fox fur. The usual yellow sweater he wore was replaced by a pale smoke colored one, and his trousers were sky blue. His boots were up to his ankles, and were sapphire coloured. His beanie was denim blue, and he had dark blue fingerless gloves.

Both of them had their coats open, since honestly with the multiple layers on it felt like they were suffocating. As ghosts, it wasn't uncommon to feel cold. In fact, one of the main things they felt was the cold so it didn't exactly matter. Though the numerous snowflakes blinding their vision was kind of annoying, this place didn't seem half bad. Sure, the occasional polar bears coming over and basically charging at them even if they didn't do anything was a bit scary, but Y/n could easily scare them off by taking out her axe. There were even some sightings of arctic foxes, but as soon as they sensed the ghosts there, they fled.

They were stranded here for how many days? She knew they probably only came here a few hours ago, but it felt like weeks. The scenery was always the same, and they always had the impression they were running in circles even though they only went in one direction. Pine trees to the left, frozen river to the right. Pine trees to the left, frozen river to the right, It was always the same, and it honestly got pretty tiring.

Ghostbur tried to make matters a bit better, often spiking up a light hearted conversation to forget about this situation. Frankly, Y/n was genuinely grateful for that, and she tried to show her gratification by trying to keep the conversations going, though they were usually repeated with similar topics.

They were in the middle of a conversation about Tommy's current situation, when a bark interrupted them. Immediately whipping out her axe, Y/n positioned herself so that she could get a good look at the pack they'd be fighting. Chances are that this will end in bloodshed, but not from them. From the wolves.

Spinning around, she squinted her eyes, trying to find where the sound was coming from. The rapidly falling bits of snow didn't help her at all, always finding their way into her gray eyes. Despite the obstacles, she couldn't see anything but snow. Well, no shit. They were in the middle of a snow biome and they were looking for an arctic wolf. The wolf then barked again, alerting Ghostbur and putting her on edge.

"Shit, shit, shit. Ghostbur, can you see them?!" Y/n asked, her panic only increasing as she tried to locate the source of the noise.

"Yes, it's right there." The ghost said simply, pointing somewhere in the snow as he slowly approached the creature who was quite well hidden. "Look, he has a collar!"

"A- huh?" She furrowed her eyebrows, slowly putting down her axe as she squinted at where Ghostbur was pointing.

There, in the midst of the snow, was indeed an arctic wolf. His piercing yellow eyes seemed to stare through their souls, as the y/h/c haired ghost grabbed her friend's arm and gently nudged him farther from the wolf. Just as they took a few steps back, the white furred creature followed them.

"The fu- wait, Buddy?!" 

Hello!

Thank you for reading this chapter!

I hope you enjoyed! :>

Have a great day!