𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 ⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 3226

The bright morning rays seemed to pierced through the tent, gently waking up Y/n. She was in a separate tent she shared with Buddy, since the tent Annalise was in was too small for all three of them.

Sitting back up, the ghost stretched her back. It cracked satisfyingly, which woke up her wolf. As usual, he was fully energized. Surprisingly, she was too. Knowing today would be the day gave her motivation to continue on with full speed.

She started off by smoothing her hair down, then greeting Buddy. He was at her side, sitting down and curiously gazing at her.

"Hey Buddy, how did you sleep?" Y/n asked while scratching behind the wolf's ears, her voice croaky since she just woke up.

The animal continued staring at her, as she rubbed her eyes and got up. Unfortunately, the tent was rather small so she didn't have a lot of room to fully stretch. She took the flower crown from her side, and wore it. It was a miracle it didn't wither yet. Making her way outside, she was dumbfounded to see Analisse already folding her tent.

It looks like it's 8 or 9 AM, since the sun was up and looked ready to start a new day.

"Morning!" Annalise called, bringing the ghost back to the present. "Nice flower crown. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, you?" She was still pretty tired considering she just woke up, so she was a bit confused. "We're leaving this early?"

"Of course! We're not stalling, remember?" The noirette reminded, shoving her neatly folded tent in a bag. "If we hurry up, we might be able to get there in an hour."

Y/n just nodded, taking all her stuff from the tent and putting them in her backpack.

"I'll pack up your tent. Can you get the horses ready?" Her friend requested from outside.

"Sure." The ghost said, relieved. It was easier to get the horses ready than packing up a tent. She wasn't very experienced with camping gear.

The walk to the pond seemed to do her good, though. She was walking with a spring in her step, studying her surroundings.

The horses ignored her, as usual, and continued grazing. Y/n took off their blankets, and nudged them into a bag. She wasn't carrying the heavy bags, therefore it was easier to walk around.

The ghost started off by saddling Ebony, then moved onto her own horse. She took both reins, and mounted her horse. Buddy was at the hooves of the horse, walking in circles. He knew they were going to have to travel a distance from here, so he was trying to get himself ready. Exercising his muscles will do him some good.

Almost before she could help herself, she found her eyes glued to where she was last night and the ghost.

"Who was he?" She thought to herself. "Was he just a fragment of my imagination? But he gave me this flower crown, and it's still here . . ."

Y/n poked at the flower crown, almost as if she was afraid it would disappear.

"And he looked a bit like Wilbur. He died, didn't he? Maybe that was his ghost?" She thought out loud, unaware of Annalise coming through.

"What? Who looks like Wilbur?" She asked, pure confusion detected at the sound of her voice.

"Huh? Oh! Uh, it was just a dream I had. Not that important." The ghost brushed off as her friend started putting the bags on the horses.