𝐑𝐚𝐢𝐧 ⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1328

𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐢𝐭, 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐥𝐲.

Panic engulfed her, as she felt her whole body burning. It wasn't very painful, but if the ghosts stayed here any longer it would surely get worse. Y/n looked up, and watched as the droplets flew onto her skin. She looked at Ghostbur in fear, but he was already looking at her.

Taking control of the situation, he pointed to a huge oak tree that should manage to shelter them, took her hand and sprinted to where the wood lay.

They got there seconds later, and stood panting underneath the tree. The leaves rustled as they served as a shield for them, taking all the hits. The grass below them was actually quite dry for the take being, letting the ghosts lay on them without getting hurt.

Once both of them got their breath back, Y/n smiled, hugging her knees. She admired the droopy scenery with an interested eye, and cherished the soothing sounds of the rain.

"Doesn't this feel familiar?" She remarked, turning to Ghostbur who had his eyes glued to the outside as well. "Do you remember the time we were in a shed, discussing 'business plans' long ago?"

He simply hummed, nodding his head ever so slightly, completely mesmerized by the landscape. She glanced back at the beautiful view. The ghost envied the living. As a ghost, she couldn't dance in the rain any longer. She couldn't go on drizzly walks, where she'd feel perfectly calm. Y/n tried to console herself a bit, suggesting that she could easily bring an umbrella in order to bypass the poisonous droplets. But where would she find an umbrella?

"Do you have an umbrella?" She broke the silence, inspecting her ghost friend. Realizing how stupid she sounds, she promptly added since Ghostbur seemed to have nothing on him. "Somewhere other than here?"

"I don't, I'm sorry. I'm quite sure Phil has one though." He replied, withdrawing his eyes from the rain to look at her gray orbs. "We can pay him a visit! I'm certain he'd like to see you again."

"I suppose so." Y/n spoke with hesitation, having trouble identifying who Phil was. "Er, who is Phil?"

"Oh, sorry about that! I'm not used to having another ghost around." The brunet apologized, appearing legitimately sincere.

"It's alright."

"Phil is my father. He was the one who killed Alivebur." Ghostbur explained, not at all fazed by the memory. On the contrary, he actually looked rather relieved.

"The one with a green and white hat?" She guessed, the flashback playing in her head.

"Yes." He confirmed.

"Ah, I'm sorry about that then." The ghost apologized, considering Phil did kill him in the past. Must be tough.

"Why are you sorry?" He quizzed, puzzled.

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows at that, then hinted relatively awkwardly. "You know, because of the whole situation. How he killed you and stuff."

"Oh, don't be sorry. He didn't kill me, he killed Alivebur." The brunet deadpanned. "Phil did a good thing."

"He did a good thing..?" She repeated cluelessly.

"Yes, he did a good thing." Ghostbur nodded patiently.

"You mean you're glad Wil- Alivebur died?" Y/n resumed, surprised. She wasn't angry Ghostbur felt that way, she was just a bit . . . shocked.