𝐓𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐲 ⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1170

"𝐘/𝐧?"

"Tommy?"

Both of them stayed put, shock written on their faces. Reality was slowly dawning on them, as they tried to comprehend what was happening. They couldn't trust their eyes, and they were both afraid this was just a dream to tease them.

"Is this real?" Tommy breathed, dropping his sword. The weapon landed with a thud on the grass, who swished beneath them.

Y/n didn't reply, not wasting a second of her time. She bolted, enveloping the kid in a bone crushing hug. Tears were starting to prick at her eyes, as she held him tight, almost as if she was afraid he'd disappear the moment she let go.

The blond immediately returned the hug, ignoring how he could barely breathe. Y/n was here. She was happy to see him. She cared. She didn't forget him.

"I missed you." He whispered, his voice cracking as he tried to blink back the tears that started to form in his eyes.

Words cannot describe what he felt at this moment. (Yet I will be trying to describe it :D) He felt overwhelmed with emotions. Shock, confusion, relief, but the feeling most present was happiness. She was here, in his arms.

"Likewise." She spoke warmly, a huge smile on her face.

Both of them stayed in that same position, enjoying each other's presence. They rested in comfortable silence, no words needed to spoil this moment. After a few minutes, Y/n slowly pulled back to see tears gliding out of Tommy's eyes, which he quickly wiped away.

"I'm so happy to see you, Tommy! How are you?" The ghost asked, the smile not wiping off her face.

"I'm doing okay." He replied, sniffing. "How are you? It's been a while since we've seen each other."

"Yeah, I was feeling quite lonely. I'm doing great now though because I found you, though!" She let out a small laugh, giddy with happiness. "So, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in L'manberg?"

"Well, how did you find me?" Tommy asked, dodging the question.

"It's a long story." The ghost shrugged.

"I have time. Here, we can catch up inside Logstedshire." The blue eyed boy smile, gesturing for her to follow him.

"Alright. Do you mind if I bring my dog?" Y/n requested, pointing to Buddy who was impatiently sitting.

"Oh, of course! You're going to need to tell me the story of how you got a wolf, though." He urged, as the wolf stood up and happily followed them inside.

Timeskip

Both of them were inside Logstedshire, and Y/n had just finished explaining her journey. They were sitting on the grass near the campfire, and the ghost was hesitating to tell him about those 'flashbacks' she kept on having and the all-too-real hallucination of Ghostbur she had.

"So you're telling me you were really going to go to the ends of the Earth to get to L'manberg?" Tommy recapped once she was done explaining. "From what you told me, your goal was to go there. What if it was at the other end of the world? Would you continue to search for it?"

"Well, as long as I have my motivation I'd keep on searching." The ghost shrugged.

"And what was your motivation? Wait, did you ever forget anything? Like when you spawned, did you know what L'manberg was?" The blond questioned, curiosity lacing his voice.

"Uh, I actually didn't know what L'manberg was at that time. The only thing I remembered was how I got killed." She answered, her gray eyes trained on the fire.

"Pretty rough time for you, innit? There must've been a lot of mobs." The child remarked, shuddering. "Let me guess, there were around 20 of them??"

Y/n gave him a puzzled look, tilting her head the slightest bit. "What?"

"There must have been a lot of monsters to take you down. I know you're not terrible at fighting, so you'd be able to defend yourself from a few of 'em." He clarified.

"Mobs? No, I didn't die to mobs." Y/n informed, watching Tommy's face fall.

"You didn't? But Dream said- you know what? How did you die?" The blue-eyed boy said, a sinking feeling in his gut. Had Dream lied to him?

"Well, my memory's a bit fuzzy but I know I died to someone. Not to a monster, though. I remember I was on the ground, with a purple axe at my neck. I'm pretty sure it was enchanted, and made of netherite. The person who was holding it had a green hoodie, as well as a porcelain mask. He looked really angry, but I don't know why. He spoke about 'wise men' saying something before he said it himself and killed me. I believe it was 'it was never meant to be'." She described, feeling shivers go down her spine.

Tommy stayed silent. He was staring at the grass, with his mouth set to a thin line. He was fixing the puzzle that was created, and he wasn't very happy with the results.

"Tommy?" The ghost called, confused at his sudden silence.

"It was Dream." He whispered, his voice cracking.

"What was a dream?" Y/n questioned, looking at him.

"He couldn't have lied though, could he? He is my friend though, and friends don't lie. Perhaps Y/n just imagined it. She did say her memory was fuzzy." The kid continued muttering to himself.

"What the hell are you saying?" She quizzed.

"Huh? Oh, it's nothing. Uhm, is there anything else?" Tommy brushed off, deciding not to tell her his current thought. It might make her upset, and she'd leave him. He didn't want her to leave.

"Well, you see this flower crown?" The ghost asked, taking the fresh flower crown off her head.

"The horribly built flower crown? Yeah, it's right in front of me. Don't tell me you made that. I thought you were good at making these." He recalled, frowning.

"What? No, I didn't make it." She said, observing the crown she held.

"Seems like it. So you just found it? Or did Annalise try to make it?" The blond guessed.

"No. I had this sort of hallucination. Except it seemed pretty real, and I have this flower crown to prove it. The person gave it to me." Y/n explained, putting the flower crown back on her head.

Tommy's eyes widened as he perked up. "Can you describe to me the person?"

"Sure thing. He had brown hair and brown eyes, as well as a burgundy beanie. I think he had a sort of yellow sweater, and he looked to be a ghost like me. If my memory is correct, I believe his name is-"

"Ghostbur? Was that his name?"

Hello!

Thank you for reading this slow chapter!

I really hope you enjoyed! 

I seriously appreciate the handful of comments some of you left, stating that you understand why I needed a break. :) It's nice to know people are rather  forgiving on this platform.

Have a great day!