𝐈𝐬𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 ⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1690

"𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝!"

Y/n was delighted to hear those very words, because she bounced out of her trance the second she heard that.

"We are?!" She exclaimed, her heart beating rapidly in excitement.

"Yes sir!" Annalise confirmed, sharing her enthusiasm. "Don't get too excited though, we're not in the SMP yet."

The ghost faltered for a second, reality hitting her like a brick. She wouldn't let that ruin her mood though. "That's okay. We're one step closer to L'manberg though!"

"I like your enthusiasm!" The German girl smiled, setting down her paddles with a smile and dismounting her boat.

Ebony happily followed her, letting out a small whinny. Her hooves thudded into the found, as she started grazing. The noirette pulled Buddy's boat to the edge of the island, and the wolf followed Ebony's example.

The island was simply a plains, where multiple animals and plants lay. There was a nice amount of bunnies coming out of their small burrows, and multiple sheep grazing peacefully. Some wild cows stumbled around, probably trying to find somewhere to go. Flowers budged because of the small breeze, their petals on the brink of falling off. Only a few oak trees could be seen and if you looked closely, you could spot squirrels organizing their small storage of food. This place seemed to be quite peaceful at the moment. She decided that if L'manberg wasn't for her any longer, she'd move in here. It couldn't be that bad living here.

Y/n carefully got off her boat, practically leaping off. Cisco followed from behind her, and joined Ebony. Buddy was already rolling around in the grass, possibly happy as can be to be on the ground yet again. The ghost herself was pretty relieved to be out of the reach of water, instantly at ease when her feet touched the grass.

She helped Annalise recover the boats, and shoved them to the correct backpacks. The ghost helped remove the lead from Buddy's boat, putting it in her bag as well.

"Is there anyone else living here?" She asked her friend, squinting her eyes to prevent the sun from damaging her gray eyes.

"Not that I know of. You can say this place is deserted. I've never seen anyone here while I was visiting the place, and I'd be surprised to see anyone here today." The noirette replied, putting her hands on her hips and admiring the place. "It doesn't look like the plains changed one bit from when I came. That's a relief."

She then turned to the y/h/c haired ghost. "Okay, we'll rest here for a few hours or so. We need to keep you energized when you meet your friends. You want to explore, or take a break?"

"Explore for sure." Y/n replied, as Buddy stood up to come at her feet.

"Really? Well, suit yourself then. I'll be setting camp here." Her friend said, already scavenging through the bags, and pulled out her trusty tent. "When will you be back?"

"Before evening, I believe. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine." She smiled, and waved a quick goodbye to the German girl before heading off. "I'll see you later!"

"Okay, see you soon!" She called back.

Taking her time, the ghost fully admired her surroundings. This was truly a beautiful place. The soft wind blew at her face, making her feel instantly refreshed. She wasn't a huge fan of exploring things and travelling farther from home, but in this case she was going home.

Walking around with a spring in her step, she let her mind wander.

By the end of today, they'd be in L'manberg! Maybe Annalise can stay with her there. She was sure her friend would love it as much as she had there. She hoped her friends would be happy to see her, and weren't celebrating now that she wasn't there. She remembered that ghost she met - Ghostbur was his name. Was he going to be there as well? And Tubbo! Was Tubbo doing alright? Was he still in there? She hoped he hadn't died like her. Or if he did, maybe he was going to become a ghost like her! That made her feel a bit at ease. She'd have ghost friends, just like her! Judging from the recent memory she had relived, no one was hostile to Ghostbur. So, maybe they didn't care much about ghosts. Perhaps they treated them as if they were human too, except they couldn't touch water. Y/n wondered that if water hurts her, where would she go when it rains? Would that kill her, if she stayed there for a while? Maybe she'd never get to stay in the rain again, which could be pointless. If she was working outside, she'd have to drop all her stuff to avoid dying. And if she cried, would that hurt her? She didn't really want to try it, because once she started crying, it was hard to stop. Just in case, she'd try her very best to stay happy at all times. Only think about happy things, and not the negative. Think about it, in a few hours you'll get to see your friends! Ghostbur, Fundy, Tubbo, Niki, and Tommy! It is going to be great.

A sudden bark interrupted her train of thoughts. She looked at Buddy with a quizzical expression. The wolf was going around in circles, barking as if there was no tomorrow. Except, his tail was wagging, which meant this had to be good news.

"What is it, Bud?" She questioned, bending down to pet his big head.

Her companion only barked, and continued walking in circles before happily walking away. Y/n raised an eyebrow, before jogging to catch up to him. Perhaps he wanted to show her something.

It's been a few minutes of her actively following Buddy, all while searching and studying every glimpse of the island, when she found some sort of building at a distance. It didn't seem to be a villager's home, because it wasn't exactly built like it. On the contrary, it looked like a sort of campsite. There were stripped oak and birch walls, and it held no roof. Perfect place for camping, right? It stood near a river, which was an even better place. Some trees were nearby, meaning you can easily get some materials. She wondered if anyone was here camping right now, and if they knew about L'manberg. She wondered if they can perhaps be friends, and maybe she can take them to L'manberg with her. Or maybe no one was there, and she'd be able to set camp here with Annalise. Either way, she'd still get something out of it.

"Was this what you were looking for, Buddy?" She whispered to the wolf, crouching down.

He only looked back at her, his tongue lolling. The ghost simply shrugged, and decided to investigate this odd building of sorts.

Making sure to sit Buddy down, she carefully walked closer to the camping grounds. The grass swished beneath her feet, but of course it wasn't loud enough for any to hear. Her wolf was silent, which was a relief. One bark, and they'd get found. She blinked, as another gust of wind came blowing her way. It's a good thing it was a sunny day out, because if not she'd be downright freezing.

Once she was close enough, she saw smoke coming out of the place. Was this place burning?

Y/n glanced wildly around, and was relieved to see that no walls were on fire. Perhaps it was just a campfire. Well, then someone must be here. The fire would burn down by now if no one was there.

Letting out a sigh, she searched for an entrance. Her heart was beating fairly loud, and she didn't exactly know why. Her palms were starting to sweat, and her mouth felt dry. Her stomach was doing somersaults, and she had to resist the urge to barf. Why was she feeling like this?

There was a reason she felt like this, though. Doubt. She doubted the person she'd find would be very nice. She doubted they would even let her in here, and they'd probably just freak out. Some people were against ghosts, according to Annalise. That's why she had to be careful. This wasn't worth it. Chickening out, she did a U turn and gave up.

Bad timing.

Of course now, Buddy decided to bark, alerting the person or people in there.

"Hello?!" A voice with a British accent sounded from inside, as Y/n panicked. The voice sounds oddly familiar, and quite young. She brushed it off, and gave Buddy a deathly stare before slowly backing away. It'd be useless to run, because that would probably alert the person even more.

Backing up, she suddenly heard a cracking sound. Whipping her head to where the sound was made, she held her breath, She had just stupidly stepped on a stick.

"HELLO?! I KNOW YOU'RE HERE!" The voice called again, fright evident in his voice. He rushed out of the small campsite, and stood there, shocked.

The ghost spun around, expecting the worst. Quite the contrary, actually.

She was face to face with someone who looked to be quite young. He appeared to be around 16 years old, judging from his voice and his appearance. He possessed blonde hair that was rather messy. His blue eyes were fixed on her, and they were fairly wide. He had a red and white t-shirt with small tears, as well as khaki pants who were a bit battered up. He wore white sneakers, as well as a bandanna attached to his neck. He had a stone sword in his hand. It looked like he was here for a while. Numerous emotions were going through his head, but he still managed to utter one word that she barely heard due to the quietness of his voice.

"Y/n?"

Hello!

Thank you for reading this chapter!

I accidentally deleted all my progress again, 🤠👍 so I was a bit lazy on rewriting it. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter, and as always:

Have a great day! :D