𝐋𝐨𝐠𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐞 ⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 2394

Shoot- I didn't realize I haven't uploaded in 5 days. 'Wattpad' told me I updated the book 3 days ago, but the oldest comment of the last chapter was from 5 days ago. Sorry for the wait!

"𝐘/𝐧?"

"Nah, it's fine. The truth is . . . I kind of got exiled." Tommy admitted, his eyes glued to the grass beneath him. He looked sheepish, ashamed even.

"What? From L'manberg!?" Y/n interrogated, shock written all over her face. Tommy got exiled?

"Er, yeah." He nodded, scared to meet her eyes.

"What the hell? How come?" She asked gently as she sympathetically put a hand on his shoulder and gave it a light squeeze.

"I dunno. Because apparently, "I'm putting L'manberg at risk"." The kid made quotation marks at that, scoffing. "According to Tubbo, that is."

"Tubbo? Weren't you both really close?" The ghost recalled, remembering the few flashbacks she had. They always stuck together, no matter what. What happened now?

"I guess you can say that." The blond shrugged. "Like I said, they've changed a lot."

There was a small silence, as those words hung suspended in mid air. Had they really changed that much.

"Do you know why they've changed?" She asked, removing her hand from his shoulder.

"No, not really. I mean, everything kind of went downhill when you died."The blue eyed boy replied, meeting her eyes with a sorrowful look. Noticing her mortified look, he quickly added."I doubt it's your fault though. What can you do, when fate hits it hits. Anyways, that's how I got here."

"So they just left you here to die?" The ghost questioned, a stern look on her face.

"Well, yeah. Dream offered me some steak, but they were all out of pity. And I don't need anyone's pity." Tommy stated, eyeing the fire.

"I don't pity you, but maybe I can help you a bit." She offered a quick smile, gesturing to the sky. "It's getting pretty late, so you can stay with Annalise and I for the time being."

The child gave her an unconvinced look. "And you're sure this isn't out of pity?"

"Of course it isn't. I'd like you to meet my travel mate anyways." Y/n reassured, standing up and heading outside. Buddy happily followed her, his tail wagging as he turned around expecting Tommy to follow them. He stood up, but he didn't make any other movements. He was hesitating, wondering if he should follow.

The ghost turned around, and raised an eyebrow. "You coming?"

After a few seconds of delay, the kid sighed and gave in. "I guess if you insist."

She cracked a smile at that, waiting for her friend to catch up to her before starting back to camp. "Camp shouldn't be very far from here."

He nodded before taking one last glance at Logstedshire with an uncertain look. Spotting Tommy's skepticism to leave, she added. "You can always come back tomorrow."

"Yeah." The blond returned his gaze to Y/n, giving her a small smile. It wasn't that he felt uncomfortable in her company, far from it actually. It was just that Dream could unexpectedly visit at any time, and if Tommy wasn't there, what would his 'friend' think? Pushing away his worries, he decided to spark up a conversation. "So, how many days have you had your flower crown?"

"Since yesterday actually." She replied, a proud look on her face.

"Yesterday? I'm surprised it hasn't withered or dried out yet. It looks like you just picked the flowers." He remarked, looking at the beautiful y/f/c flowers laid on her head. "I reckon it's magic."