𝐋𝐨𝐬𝐭 ⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟗

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1409

"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐮- 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭, 𝐁𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐲?!"

It's been a few long weeks since they've left, and they were both clearly exhausted from wandering this far. A few days ago, they attempted to go back to L'manberg, assuming that Tommy had cooled down. Their effort went down the drain when they found out they were only going in circles. They were lucky enough though. Throughout the time they spent in the heavy snow, there was no sign of hail. The ghosts were dreading the day it would rain ice, because they knew it would come someday and it would probably be way more painful than snow. Someday turned out to be today.

It was a day like just the others, but something was a little off. The gray sky was filled with more thick dark clouds than before, and the morning felt like the start of nightfall. It was so dusky and gloomy outside, that even Ghostbur was starting to lose hope of ever finding civilization. The wind blew stronger than before, bringing up some stray weeds in the air. It weighed them down, always forcing them to go in a different direction. The atmosphere felt even colder than usual, and both ghosts had to cling to each other for even the tiniest bit of warmth. They were used to the cold atmosphere, but this was just freezing.

Buddy seemed to be absolutely fine with this temperature and happily led them to wherever he thought was right, sporadically slaying a lonely rabbit for food.

"I think it's going to rain soon." Y/n shivered while hugging herself and exhaling deeply, creating a small misty cloud. She wasn't used to this kind of temperature, heck, none of them were. "We should find shelter."

"Yes, but where?" Ghostbur questioned, feeling quite low-spirited but chose not to show it too much. "There's only a scarce amount of trees, and none of them are vast enough to protect us both from the snow."

"You have a point. Uh," She looked around, stopping. All she saw was the familiar banks of snow and the periodic hidden pools of ice, just waiting for her to slip. Buddy barked, stopping in his tracks to spin around and encourage them to keep going. "I guess we can just keep following Buddy. Maybe he knows some place where we'll be shielded from the snow. He did lead me to Tommy."

"Alright, yes, I think that's a good idea." The brunet approved, picking up his pace to give a small pat to the wolf, who was surprisingly warm. "Oh! Buddy is very warm. We can use him for warmth."

The ghost nodded at his suggestion, jogging to catch up to them and put a hand on her wolf. The hot temperature of the creature warmed up her hand, instantly giving her more hope to continue. "You're right, this might be the solution to one of our problems. All that's left is to find what we need most; shelter. "

It's been an hour since that conversation, and there was still no sign of civilization here. Everything looked the same as usual, except there was now a hill on their right. It seemed to be made out of stone, but it was hard to tell because of the blankets of snow covering it. It was quite a tall hill, probably reaching a good 100 blocks up. It wasn't very steep, since the stone gradually fell down to dirt on the way down.

The ghosts were visibly discouraged, slumped down as they trailed behind Buddy who hadn't stopped this whole time. The wolf seemed to be in a better mood, urging them to walk a little faster every few minutes. His pace was fast, almost at a run that they had to jog to keep up with him. His tail was wagging quite violently compared to the ghosts' dejected mood. They wondered what was keeping him so motivated.

Suddenly, something hit Buddy's back, who yelped and jumped back in surprise, hitting Y/n's legs. She had her eyes widened, as she tried to see if the wolf was hurt. Ghostbur was trying to comfort the creature, who was still recovering from the shock. The y/h/c haired ghost looked around, trying to find what hit Buddy. Her anxious eyes landed on a rather big block of ice, who stood there lying in the thick snow. Crouching down with a concerned look, she took the ice (which was the shape of a fairly well made snowball) and inspected it. It held no sharp edges, but appeared to be packed ice.

"I wonder where this came from?" She mumbled to herself, turning the block round and round her hand.

The brunet peered at the ice from behind her head, and scrutinized it with a thoughtful look. After a few more seconds of examining the weird block of ice, he only shrugged, "I'm not sure."

"Well, it must've- ouch!" Y/n cried out, feeling a substance hit her shoulder fairly hard. "What the hell?!"

The ghost known as Ghostbur was quick to rush over to her, a concerned look in his eyes as he crouched down beside her. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, it's just . . ." She trailed off, her gray eyes catching a look of another ice block who was a bit smaller than the one who hit Buddy, but was still quite big. "Shoot, I-"

Another ice block landed a few distances away from her, startling both of them as it crashed into the snow. The wolf also seemed pretty surprised, because he immediately hid behind his owner with a whimper.

"I think they're falling from the sky." He guessed with an alarmed look, instinctively grabbing Y/n's arm.

The gray eyed ghost hesitated, having quite the difficulty to admit to the truth. She lifted her gaze up to the sky, who was darker than before. There was nothing but clouds dusting the skies, creating an ominous feeling. She squinted, seeing small white masses falling quite rapidly from the sky. They landed with a thud on the ground, all of them different sizes but overall the same shape.

"We need to get out of here." She looked at her friend gravely, putting her hood on and quickly taking something from her coat pocket. A lead found its way into her hand, as she hurriedly pulled it and beckoned for Buddy to come closer. The wolf obeyed, abandoning his hiding spot and placing himself in front of her. She attached the lead to a hook that was on his collar, and gave it a small tug. It didn't fall off, which was a relief.

"But where are we going to go?" Ghostbur questioned, copying Y/n and putting on his fluffy hood. He flinched when a small block of ice hit his head, and tucked his hands into his pockets so they could avoid getting hit. He glanced at his friend who's expression was full of panic, (which only set him even more on edge) and prayed she had some plan to get them out of this situation. She always had one, right?

"Just- just run. And don't fucking stop."

Hello!

Thank you for reading this rushed chapter! 

So, this might be the last chapter of this book. As I said in my older chapters, recently I haven't been feeling much motivation to keep writing this book. Honestly though, I think this is a high score for how much time I dedicated to writing a book. Usually, I'd lose motivation a few days after I wrote the first chapter. If I still don't have any motivation in a week or two, I might discontinue this book. It's has been a wild journey though, guys, gals, and non-binary pals. 

But, you might've seen me post an announcement, asking for ideas for a new book! Which means, I will be writing another book after this. One (or should I say two) of the ideas that really interested me was a c!Quackity! I'm currently trying to find the two people who gave me this idea (because I was so stupid to not ask for their Wattpad users on the forms), but hopefully I can find them before I publish the book. I have already written two chapters of the book, which feels refreshing since I haven't written a chapter in so long.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think of a c!Quackity book! :]

Have a great day! <3