𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐲 ⇁ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 1646

The blustery wind howled, carrying the leaves on their backs. The long, lush grass moved with the strong breeze as the lumbering sun slowly disappeared in the distance. The once blue sky was now red and orange, giving off a tranquil feeling. It was almost time.

Y/n was on a wooden stool in her tent, sharpening her iron sword using sharpening steel as Buddy lay half-asleep near the green sleeping bag. She wore a determined look while trying to block off the deafening sound of the metal clashing. It took some time to get used to, and even she wasn't used to it yet. She took out her axe and tucked it underneath the sleeping bag. The weapon would only be weighing her down.

Deciding the sword was sharp enough, she stood up and took her leave. The wolf was about to stand up to follow her, but the ghost signaled for him to stay. Buddy yielded with a small whimper, and returned to bed.

Sheathing the weapon, she made her way outside, shielding her eyes from the sun. Thankfully, the temperature was a bit cooler now so she wouldn't be sweating.

"You ready?" Annalise called from behind her, also temporarily abandoning the shelter of her own tent.

The ghost hummed, and look around. "Where's Tommy?"

"There. He's been waiting for you." Her friend informed, pointing west from where they were.

"Oh, well I don't want to keep him waiting any longer." Y/n speed-walked to where the kid lay, sprawled on the grass. Before going to meet him, she turned. "Are you coming to watch?"

"Certainly. I'm just going to get some snacks." The noirette nodded, heading towards one of her bags. "Don't start without me!"

The ghost smiled, before continuing her trek. It was not even a few seconds before Tommy spotted her, sitting up from the grass.

"About time!" He declared impatiently, standing up with his own iron sword in hand. "I've been waiting for ages!"

"Mhm." She just hummed, face-to-face with her opponent. "Looks like you didn't really sharpen your sword."

"And you did?" The blond shot back, observing his weapon.

"Yeah actually." The ghost confirmed, sniggering while unsheathing her sword to prove her point. The sword was exceptionally sharp, likely able to draw blood easily. She eyed her opponent's sword, which was sharp but not quite as sharp as her own.

"Whatever." The child brushed off, hiding his sword from her view. "Can we start?"

"We have to wait for Annalise. She's probably getting some popcorn or something." She joked as Tommy cracked a smile.

"I have a feeling she'll be needing it. I have to confess, I am a pretty good fighter and I won't be afraid to tear you apart." The blue eyed boy avowed, a cocky smile at his face.

"We'll see about that." Was the only thing Y/n managed to say before Annalise came sprinting down to them, a pack of sunflower seeds in her hands.

"I'm here! Sorry, you can start now!" She breathed, taking her seat on the grass while opening up the food.

The ghost nodded, bringing her sword to her hip and offering her hand for him to shake.

"What? Are we supposed to do this before a duel, or after?" Tommy questioned, giving her a puzzled look.

"I dunno. I don't remember." She shrugged,

"Me either. We'll just go with this then." He announced, giving her hand a solid shake.