Reunion

Next Day

Cheryl's POV

The loud sound of my alarm going off made me completely annoyed. I should be used to waking up early by now and usually I would be fine, but last night I struggled to sleep because of her in my mind.

Every time I tried to peacefully fall asleep she came into my mind.

After a minute of it ringing and getting louder and louder each second, I picked up my phone and slammed my finger down on the stop button. I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed to do my daily morning stretches.

After stretching, I walked to my bathroom to go take a shower, do my skin care routine, and brush my teeth. Next, I opened the blinds in my room to let the sun shine inside and started searching for my outfit for the day.

Once I found a decent outfit, I moisturized my body with lotion then put on my undergarments, then finally, my outfit. I went to the bathroom to straighten my hair, put some gel in my hair to slick it back into a low ponytail, then exited the bathroom to look over myself in my large wall mirror .

I sighed and took a purse from my closet then put all the necessities inside of it before heading downstairs. As I reached downstairs, I realized how empty my house felt. I'm thinking I should have bought a smaller house, but at least Reggie and the others are coming soon and staying for a while.

I shook myself out of my thoughts and walked towards my front door, putting on one of my heels that matched with my outfit. I picked up my car keys off the hook on the wall, then left my house and got in my car to get some breakfast at a nearby cafe.

It was only like 20 minutes until I reached the cafe and I was happy at the smell that whiffed by my nose as I entered. I waited in line and when I reached the front, the worker, Merissa, realized it was me and gave me a warm smile.

"Morning Ms.Blossom" she greeted and I chuckled saying "Merrisa how many times do I have to say you can call me Cheryl". "I know, but Ms.Blossom sounds so much better and it makes you sound like a bad bitch".

We both laughed and then she asked "So are you getting your usual today or would you like today's special".

I looked at what the special was for today and saw that it was a tall caramel frappuccino, a bacon-egg-cheese sandwich with 3 donuts, all for 8 dollars. Usually I would only get a muffin and some coffee, but the special sounded good.

"I'll take the special this time" I told her and she nodded, entering it in before telling me she'd be right back. Few minutes later, she came back with a paper bag which had my food in it and she handed me my frappuccino.

I pulled out $10 dollars and gave it to her, telling her to keep the change, before taking out 200 dollars and slipping it into her chest pocket for a tip. She tried giving it back,  but I wouldn't let her.

I actually helped Merissa get the job here at the cafe after I found her alone sleeping in the streets on my way to work one day. I offered her a job at my work as an assistant, but she said she loved working at the cafe and the environment itself.

That's another reason why I also come to the cafe most times in the morning, just so I could check up on her, and give her some extra cash, even though she says she doesn't need it.

"See you tomorrow Merissa, and make good use of that money" I said as I waved bye, turning around to leave the cafe. I heard her shoot an "You got it!" as I left and a smile appeared on my face. I got in my car and secured my drink and food before driving off to work.

At work

Walking through the front doors of the building, the morning security guard greeted me. "Morning Ms.Blossom, how are you this lovely morning" he said with a small smile.