Flash in the past

Mama Topaz POV (30 something years ago I have no energy to be exact so bare with me💀)

"What the hell am I supposed to do" I asked my best friend Lauren as I paced up and down in here bedroom. "Hey hey Zara first let's sit down and stop pacing you're making me nauseous".

She pulled me down to sit next to her on the bed. "I know you're scared and everything but how will we really know what the outcome will be" she started off.

"What do you really think is going to happen if you know how much he loves you". "That's the problem Lauren. He may love me but you know how people are in this day and age and he's one of them. All traditional and everything".

I was beyond scared and I already know how my parents are going to react to this news.

"Let's call him right now and ask him to come over. That will be the first step and I'll let you do everything else how you want it. I'll even stay in the room if you want me to".

I nodded my head and she smiled as she let me walk to the phone in her kitchen. I dialed his home number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello" he answered. I let out a shaky breath and replied. "Hi Antonio this is Zara". "Oh hi my love what's wrong is everything okay" he asked, probably noticing my energy through the phone.

"Can you come over to Lauren's house? I'm here right now and we need to talk". "Are you thinking of-" "No I'm not thinking of breaking up with you". But you might want to break up with me afterwards I thought.

"I will be there soon, just give me a few more minutes. I'm helping my parents with something" he told me. "Alright I'll see you soon". "Yeah and I love you my queen" he said and I just knew he was smiling widely. "I love you too" I whispered before I heard a click meaning he hung up.

I placed the phone back on its hold before going back to Lauren's room. I laid down on the bed and Lauren came from behind me as she wrapped her arms around me.

"It's gonna be okay. Take a nap and I will let you know when Antonio comes" she said softly in my ear and I nodded.

I quickly fell into a deep slumber that was more peaceful than my life at the moment.

Time passed

I felt myself being shaken and I slowly opened my eyes to see Antonio in front of me. My eyes widened as I slowly backed away from him which made his smile turn into a frown.

I felt an arm on my shoulder and I jumped to see it was Lauren. She looked at me with worry and I took deep breaths to calm myself down. "Do you want me to stay" she asked me and I shook my head softly which made her nod and leave the room silently.

"My love what happened" he asked me as he carefully sat down on the bed and held my hand in his. "I have something to tell you and I want you to promise you won't overreact" I told him slowly. He nodded his head with confusion in his eyes and I took a deep breath.

"So remember that one time I went to your house when your parents were on that church conference trip". He nodded and o continued on. "We'll I'm sure you remember that we also did some...things right?"

He nodded again and I hope he's slowly connecting things. "I started feeling sick and I just thought it was my yearly time of getting sick but this time it was much worse".

Before I could continue he cut me off immediately saying "You're pregnant". I felt my heart stop beating in my chest as I looked at him before shakily saying "Y-yes".

He just looked at me and said "Do your parents know" and I quickly shook my head no. He suddenly took my hand and made me stand up. He brought me into his arms and kissed my head, making me melt into his body.