Prologue

February 12, 2020
Toni's POV
I was sitting on the couch in the lounge, and watched as Jazmine was giggling with Cheryl while in her lap. To say I was jealous was a huge understatement. I used to believe that I just had a crush on Cheryl, but as years went by I realized how deep I had fallen in love with my best friend.

At school, Cheryl pretended not to be my friend, but outside of school we were the closest of best friends. Cheryl told me that she just didn't want to ruin her reputation since I was a so called "geek", and the geeks and the popular don't associate with each other.

I wasn't fond of pretending we weren't best friends at school, but with the love I had for her, I just decided to go with it.

Cheryl and I had known each other since we were like 4, and after that I had the best time ever, until the middle of 8th grade. That's when Cheryl and Jazmine started dating, and I was mad. I was not only mad at Jazmine, but I was also mad at myself, for not taking my chances with Cheryl earlier.

I remember the days I had to sit down and listen to how much Cheryl liked Jazmine, and till this day I still have to listen to Cheryl gushing about Jazmine, their dates, and how much she loves her. But little does Cheryl know that Jazmine isn't really who she pretends to be around her.

I sighed as the bell rang, and grabbed my bag off the floor,and made my way to the last class of the day. I went inside the classroom, and sat at the front of the class where I always sit. Class began and I gave all my attention to the teacher, and wrote down all the notes that were given.

I felt paper balls being thrown at me, but I ignored it and continued working. Minutes later Cheryl came into the class,and few minutes later Jazmine had came into the classroom. I looked at both of them closely, and saw that they had slightly messy hair and wide smiles on their faces.

I rolled my eyes knowing what they had just done, and then the teacher started questioning them as to why they were both late. I tapped my foot and played around with my pencil waiting for the teacher to start teaching again. "Okay sorry class for that interruption. Now let's continue with this lesson".

I turned my attention back to the board and continued writing notes. About 30 minutes later, class ended, so I packed my things and exited the classroom. I went to my locker and put my textbooks in there, and then made my way out the school.

"Toni wait up" I heard from behind me as I was in front of the school. I turned around and saw that it was Beronica. I smiled at the way Veronica was running with her hand still intertwined with Betty's, which resulted in Betty getting yanked. Veronica is popular, but not at the top popular like Jazmine, Cheryl, the soccer team, and the football team are.

Veronica and Betty had started dating last year, after both of them found out that Jughead and Archie had constantly cheated on them. They were the second cutest couple in the school, Cheryl and Jazmine being the first. Honestly I won't lie, I do ship Beronica because they're so cute with each other.

"Toniii hellooo" I heard Veronica say. I snapped out of my thoughts and then looked at them with a small smile on my face. "Heyyy Beronica" I said just to annoy Veronica.

"Shut the fuck upp, anyways we wanted to know if you and Cheryl wanted to have another sleepover today" Veronica said with a smirk.

Kevin, our gay best friend, Betty, and Veronica are the only ones who know about my crush on Cheryl. I rolled my eyes playfully and said "Yeah I can come, but I have to ask Cheryl if she can come just in case she has plans with Jazmine".

Both Betty and Veronica groaned and I laughed. They both don't like Jazmine either, because she's interfering with their ship "CHONI" being able to sail. "Come on guys don't be like that" I told them. "We're not doing shit boo" Betty said with her hands raised.