Sleep talking

"Clay, it's din- oh." Mrs. Marshal walked into the room a couple hours later, not expecting to see not just Clay but George also in the bed, the two cuddling. She smiled, seeing the friends bond again felt nice, though she had an off feeling that soon their relationship would continue into more and she didn't mind that at all.

Mrs. Marshal walked over to Clay's side of the bed, rubbing her son's shoulder calmly, "Clay it's dinner. George can join if he'd like." Clay shifted to turn to his mom, his eyes still closed he nodded. He opened his eyes to watch his mom leave his room, then turning back to the small boy who laid in his arms still peacefully sleeping away.

"George," he lightly pushed George off his arm causing the brunette to wake a bit, "George, it's dinner time." Clay this time spoke a little louder and clearer.

"Mmm-" George mumbled turning back to Clay and wrapping his arms around the blonde sleepily.

"Now look whose being clingy." Clay faintly giggled, rubbing George's back, "Come on, let's go get something to eat."

George nodded into Clay's chest before scooting away and tiredly sitting up and rubbing his eyes. Clay also sat up, then walked over to George. "Oh come on, you can do it." he had a goofy smile on his face as he teased.

George rolled his eyes, looking up at Clay and standing up. They both walked into the dining room and took their places at the chairs which surrounded a nicely sized dining table. Even if the dinner was just some mac n' cheese, it made both the boys' stomach growl, even George's.

Mr. Marshal also joined them, taking a seat at the head of the table and nodding to the boys in acknowledgement, "Good day, George and Clay." Clay's dad had the same happy energy as Clay, always boosting the mood of others.

"Hello, Mr. Marshal!" George greeted before scooping a bit of macaroni onto his plate, it wasn't much but it was enough. It made Clay happy to see him eating decent meals.

"So, long time no see. What have you been up to lately, George?" Mr. Marshal questioned, smiling cheerily at George before digging into the dinner as well.

"Just the usual, school and such."

"Cool, cool." Clay's dad nodded, "Hope to see you around more often, George. Clay hasn't been able to shut up about you." Clay glared at his dad; his cheeks flushed pink in the dim lighting.

"Oh yeah?" George looked at Clay with a cocky smile, Clay rolled his eyes in response.

"Shush," the blonde mumbled before changing the subject, "The mac n' cheese is really good mom, thank you."

"Of course, Clay." Mrs. Marshal had finally taken her place at the table and filled her own plate with the food, "George do you want anymore?" She pushed the bowl of warm cheesy macaroni in front of George.

"Um, I-I think I'm good for now, thank you." he said politely, it was clear he was uncomfortable though. Clay's mom nodded, placing the bowl back down on the table.

The rest of dinner was filled with nice conversation, Clay's sister wasn't there. She was at a friend's house staying the night and getting a school project done. As they conversed and happily chatted, George found himself thinking a ton.

Why couldn't I get a family which could eat at the table like this. My mom could at least make dinner every once in a while. I mean, I'm grateful that my parents work hard but they never take a break. They're always working... Workaholics-

"George, remember that time when Nick and I were throwin' snowballs that one day and you freaking got in the way. That snowball hit you so hard. We begged for your forgiveness, yet you never gave in." Clay laughed out, nudging George slightly in the rib cage. George shook his head and forced out a laugh.