Realization

Clay sat there in shock and watched George cry into his hands for a few seconds. He couldn't just leave George be, but what could he do? He scooted closer to George, now sitting by his side but George still leaned away. He couldn't take it anymore, he usually didn't lose patience this quickly but something kicked in and he felt the need to stop what was happening now.

With George still facing away and his face in his hands, crying, Clay got up from his friend's side and walked in front of him. He then crouched down to George's eye level before pulling George's hands away from his face. George instantly looked up at Clay, he looked so defeated, so upset, so unhopeful as the tears streamed down his face like a hail storm before a tornado.

Clay tenderly placed his hand onto George's cheek. Instead of pulling away, like Clay thought he would, he leaned into the touch. He liked this touch. It was the warm, delightful, caring, kind, touch he craved. Even though there were tears still falling off the brunette' face, a faint sight of hope could be seen through his hazelnut brown eyes.

When Clay began to lean in, everything slowed. The tears that were heavily falling out of his eyes now were like a spring mist, lightly falling from his face at a slower rate. His stuttered heartbeat, slowed to a heavy step of an elephant. Clay was so close, centimeters apart from George's lips, but he paused. His lips brushing against George's, waiting for consent.

Don't ruin this, George. The brunette thought, taking a shaky breath in and letting it out, making Clay's stomach erupt in excitement as the warm air hit his face. Finally, George leaned in, connecting the two's lips together. Fireworks could have been bursting in the air, lighting up their faces with an amazing sensation. They moved in unison, leaning into each other, asking for more. It felt like a chemical reaction, one that would burn your skin but looked so cool.

Clay could feel George smile into the kiss, filling him with the same joy that this moment brought them. George could feel Clay's hands on his waist, gently placed there pulling him lightly further into the kiss. Both of them shared the same emotions that one would call pure bliss and happiness.

After a bit, George pulled away. Clay worried a little when the look on George's face quickly changed from joyous to regretful. His eyebrows curved inward and tears building back up in his eyes.

Did I do something wrong? Does he not want this? Am I being selfish? Clay's thoughts were soon interrupted.

"I-I'm sorry Clay." George mumbled, looking back at the highly interesting ground. Clay looked at him seriously, he couldn't bear to hear those words again and again, anymore.

"About what, George?" Clay sat back down on the bed with George, gently wrapping his arm around his waist to pull him closer. He only wanted to bring comfort to George. Never wanting to make him uncomfortable in anyway. When George was quick to lean into the simple gesture, Clay relaxed but only in the slightest bit.

"This-this is just going hurt you m-more later on."

"What do you mean?"

What do I tell him? That I can't help my impulses. That I'm using him as a distraction from my lonely life. I want to be honest with him, I really do. But once again, that will only hurt him more. George thought, only making tears fall down his face again.

"What if I-I can't s-stop?" George let out a shaky sigh, looking up at Clay in hopes of security and reassurance. Clay gave him exactly that.

"George, it will stop but it's up to you when you make it. When I met you, your bubbly personality helped me. You helped me, George. I can help you." Clay responded, placing his hand onto George's cheek and wiping the tears on the brunette's face with his thumb. George nodded; he didn't believe it yet, but he did trust Clay.