The Dreadful Sight

School was over and Clay didn't take any time at all to get out of the building full of students. As he ran outside, he saw Clarance. He was going to go straight to George's place, but he felt as if this was more important. An invisible force drawing him to the red head who laughed with his 'friends'.

"Oh, hey Clay." Clarance looked at Clay up and down, seeing how emotionally weak he was right now. "What do you want?"

"What did you do to George?" Clay asked not wanting to have any kind of small talk. He already knew Clarance had done something as the red head squinted his eyes in fake confusion.

"What do you mean, I did nothing."

"No, you had to of done something." Clay looked around at the group which surrounded Clarance and him. They all silently laughed. "What the fuck did you do, Clarance?" He now asked, his voice was stern and strong.

"I told you Clay, I didn't touch your boyfriend. Maybe you did something. How about you deal with your issues before blaming other people." Clarance barked back. Clay looked to the ground. There was no way he did something. All he did was go use the bathroom. Even before that, all he did was be there for George. Was he being too clingy, too protective? Did George need a break?

"No, I didn't do anything. There's no way I could have done anything."

"Mhm, yeah sure." Clarance rolled his eyes, only pushing Clay's buttons to the breaking point. Clarance had the knife plunged into Clay's head, twisting it right and left as he played with his thoughts.

"What the hell, Clarance. If you're so sure of yourself, why don't you stand up to your actions." Clay stepped closer. His anger growing. He poked his finger on the red heads chest, pushing him back, "Hmm? Why don't you?"

"I-Uh, that's not up to you." Clarance avoided eye contact. He knew Clay wasn't scared to hurt him badly. He would do worse than George if he wanted. Clay was a gentle giant but when one of his closest friends get hurt, he turns into the monster of the story.

"Yeah, it is. Especially when it's one of my friends. Fuck! It's my boyfriend!" Clay now stood above Clarance. Pushing his shoulders with every word. He didn't want a fight but if it came down to it, he wouldn't mind.

"Back off!" Clarance shoved back, but Clay only came back harder causing Clarance to fall to the ground. Clay smiled when Clarance looked around at his peers, only to find they had all stepped back to let the fight continue. He looked back at Clay, a frightened look on his face.

"Fine, fine! I'll tell you what happened to your precious boyfriend." There was another look that was also on his face. That look was unknown.

Clay reached down to help Clarance up. Even if he was angry and would literally kill the boy on the ground, he was a kind and soft person. Clarance slapped his hand away and got up himself. Everyone in the group sighed, sad a fight didn't happen.

"So, what happened?" Clay asked, his tone softer now. He put all his concentration onto Clarance. Even if what he said was false, it would at least give him a clue to whether George was okay or not.

"Well, while you were in the bathroom. I saw George. I was just going to walk past, I had already gotten in trouble enough today, but your boyfriend called me over. So, I walked over to him. His expression, if I'm remembering correctly, was a flirty smile. When I arrived at his side, he grabbed my hand and spoke about how sorry he was and how he could he make it up to me. I told him he didn't have to do anything. But he insisted. So, I told him a kiss. Just one simple kiss would be all I wanted. I would leave him alone after."

Clarance cleared his throat. It was so stupidly clear that this was all a made up lie, "So, he did. He gave me a kiss right on my lips. I stood there for a bit as I was just joking, but his eyes filled with tears, and he soon ran off. So, I left. That was all I saw of him."