Known

((TW: jk jk just fluff. I wouldn't do that in the last chapter))
<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Two months later

"Okay, everyone ready?" George asked, taking a seat on the couch. He was in Clay's house, surrounded by his supportive family, Clay at his side with an arm slinged around him.

"Of course, we're ready George!" Mrs. Marshal assured George, leaning in closer in excitement.

"Come on George! Just open it already." Drista complained, impatiently bouncing her leg up and down.

Clay leaned in close, "Open it when you're ready. Don't listen to my family." He laughed and sat back in the couch, rubbing George's back comfortingly.

"Hey! I heard that!" Drista yelled back at her brother and sticking her tongue out.

George laughed at the siblings and sighed. He looked down at the envelope in his hands that would be deciding his future. Would he get into the college, or would he have to find a job. He turned the envelope around a few times, mindlessly fidgeting with the corner of the opening flap.

Finally, it opened.

He pulled out the letter inside slowly, opening it at the same pace. The envelope fell onto the coffee table as he inhaled and closed his eyes in anticipation while he unfolded the papers. Then opened it, Clay leaning over his shoulder.

"I GOT IN!" He shouted, waving the papers about and standing, "I got in!!" he said quieter, laughing at his loudness.

"Holy crap! Good job, George!" Clay wrapped his arms around the brunette, large smiles on everyone's faces.

"Hold it you two." Mrs. Marshal tells the boys as she pulled out her phone, "This is one for the books!"

———————————————

George got into a college, only two hours away. Clay and George agreed to meet up with each other every weekend as George would stay in dorms.

As for George's family, they ended up taking a day off from work and spending their day with him to celebrate. That day George felt like he was noticed that he was known for the first time in a long time.

———————————————

One year later. Thanksgiving break.

George drove the two hour drive back to his hometown, where Clay was waiting for him. The weather was poopy as it always was during the fall. The rain created puddles on the side of the roads and leaves littered the streets like trash on a beach. The wind lighting pushed and pulled the car that George drove.

He was only mere seconds from Clay's house. Clay had moved out of his parents' house a few months ago as his career grew.

George pulled in the new driveway. He had only seen the house once before when Clay had gotten it. Clay had been driving up to his college for the last few weekends since George was busy with finals.

Clay didn't hesitate to run out his front door. He ran all the way to George's side of the car, almost slipping in a puddle as he did so. George quickly opened his door and got out of the car.

"I missed you so much!" Clay hugged the shorter, tight. George nearly suffocated in his large black hoodie he wore that day.

"It's only been a week!" George teased.

"I know, I know. But know I get to see you in person for four days instead of two!"

They had missed their anniversary, so Clay had some plans for them that night. That's why he was truly excited.