Talking again

"I just-How did I get so unlucky. I'm grateful for my how hard my parents work, and I know that I'll sound selfish by saying this," George took a large breath in and Clay gently rubbed his back, "I wish my parents actually showed me some affection sometimes, you know. It hurts when they don't even check on me in the mornings or make dinner and have friendly conversation." Clay nodded in understanding. George only got more frustrated as he got up from the couch and began to pace back and forth.

"I just want your parents. At least they care! At least they notice when something is different! My parents never even bothered when I started to bawl my eyes out at night! My parents didn't give a fuck when I'd spend hours in the bathroom late at night, making a ruckus!" George was shouting and ranting as Clay acted like a wall, only listening and nodding as the brunette continued for another couple of minutes.

When George had finally quieted down and was back sitting on the couch, Clay held him close as they just let the silence invade for a few.

The silence threatened them, yet it secured them. Clay didn't want to say anything, knowing he would sound bias and with George being so upset, he could freak out on him. That's not what they needed on their first day of being together. An argument.

It wasn't until George's phone dinged with a notification that the silence was broken. "Huh, that's new. I never get any notifications unless it's from you." Clay shrugged as a reply to George's question and leaned over George to see his phone. The notification read, 'Mom'.

George clicked it, opening his messenger app and bringing up the new text. George read the message aloud, "My mom says that she wants me home now." George looked at Clay in hopes of reassurance but what could Clay give that wouldn't make him mad right now?

"I can drive you home." Clay offered in which George accepted immediately. So, Clay got up from the couch with George and walked into the kitchen where the rest of the family rested, cleaning up dinner, and told them that he would be back soon.

They walked with haste to gather their things and to get into the car. The rain was pouring down, worse than earlier that day. The wind and dark sky set the mood.

George grabbed his things from the backseats then opened the passenger door to leave. As if in a Déjà vu, Clay repeated what he did the first time he dropped George off. Placing his hand on the George's shoulder he spoke with hope, "Goodnight Georgie." George smiled and leaned back into the car, this time being the one to initiate a kiss.

The kiss was short and sweet, full of passion still, and when they separated, they both had large smiles on their faces. "Goodnight, Clay!" George called out while closing the car door. Clay waved and waited until George was at his front door to pull away and drive back to his own house.

———————————————

George pulled out his spare keys to the house from his backpack, though by the time he found them and was just about to place them inside the keyhole, the doorknob began to wiggle. Soon enough, George was met with his mom.

"Hey George, I want to talk to you." She firmly states, gesturing George inside like he was a guest not a family member. George places his things down and takes off his shoes before following his mom into the living room where she said to take a seat on the couch. She took a seat on the chair by the couch.

"W-What are you wanting t-to talk about?" George asked nervously. It could be about so many things. It could be about beating up Clarance. It could be about causing himself harm. It could be about the sudden boost of socializing he's done. For god's sake, it could be about him and Clay dating.

"The school called me today. Said you beat up a kid named Clarance?" She said it like it was normal. She barely knew George but from what she did know was that there was no way her son would beat up someone for no reason. That wasn't how she raised him when he was young.