Roadtrip

They both had woken up around 8:30am, the late rising sun and the cold winter wind waking them. Now it was 9:40am, the sun just beginning to peak through the window which was still in need of repair from when Clay took the screen off. Both boys laid on the bed still, their napkins which used to have peanut buttered toast on them, rested on the bedside table to the left of George. The silence was nice and all, but Clay (being a social butterfly) decided it was time to break it.

"So, seeing as it's still pretty early out and we aren't going to school," Clay said looking at George who also looked up at him, "I want to adventure." Clay finished, smiling happily at his boyfriend, George just shrugged in response. He wasn't one who left the house much and when he did, it was just for school.

"Come on, it will be fun." Clay sat up a bit off the headboard of the bed, looking directly towards George. He was acting like a child wanting to sleep over at a friend's house, pleading to his parents and even trying to make deals, like doing the dishes in return. George just looked back at him, mid thought.

Finally, as Clay was about to give up and let George be, the brunette spoke up.

"Sure, that could be fun." He said it in a monotone voice with little to no excitement. Clay's smile only got bigger, he gave George a great hug, which George leaned into and also wrapped his own arms around the childish blonde. A smile picking at his lips as well.

Clay suddenly broke the hug apart, he still held gently onto George's shoulders and looked in his dusty brown eyes as he talked.

"Okay! Get dressed so that we can drive to my place. I need some fresh clothes and in general some tidying up." He let out an excited giggle, squeezing George's shoulders softly before letting him go to get dressed.

George smiled up at Clay, his eyes wandering from Clay's lake colored eyes, down to his rosy, pink lips. Clay was quick to notice and leaned in a bit closer to him, also admiring the brunette's face. Somehow each moment like this slowed down time, as they inched closer and closer, soon their noses brushing against one another's.

George still smiled, smoothly allowing their lips to now touch. This time he waited for Clay's consent. His wait didn't last much longer as Clay delicately placed his lips onto George's and let his hand trail gingerly up to George's head, running his fingers through the brunette strands.

As all good things come to an end, allowing better things to come, Clay and George separated, smiles plastered onto both their faces. Clay had brought his hand down from George's head, now holding the smaller's hand tenderly, "I love you, George." the statement caused George's face to become dusted with pink, he still didn't know how to react to those words, only had ever said them back once in a rush.

Awkwardly, George broke his gaze into the cold toned eyes of Clay, "I-uh, I better get dressed then." he let out a nervous giggle as he looked down at the bed sheets which curled around the mattress. Clay nodded and also let a laugh seep through his lips, he knew he flustered George with those simple words, but he wouldn't push it.

Not yet.

Clay let go of George's pale hand and watched his boyfriend leave the bed and walk to his dresser which was still in great need of organization (though he couldn't say much as his looked the same). George had grabbed a simple light nude brown crewneck, a white t-shirt for underneath and a pair of normal blue jeans. He then left the room, walking to the bathroom. He left the bedroom door open, so Clay watched as the orange light illuminated the dimmish hallway from underneath the door and the shadows alter every once in a while.

———————————————
((Small CW: Mentions Cuts and Wound Care))

George had quite the outfit for himself, he hadn't worn anything this "fancy" in a bit. Even if the navy-blue sweater he wore only a week ago was fancy to him, this was fancier. While in the bathroom he quickly slid off his clothes and put on his fresh ones. He couldn't ignore the uncomfortable tingles along his cut arm as he put the brown crewneck on, so he rolled up the sleeve and carefully adjusted the dirty bandages to make it more bearable.