Repeat

That hope lasted for weeks, soon turning into a habit of thought. He found better ways to cope with his ghastly way of thinking. Clay helping him and staying with him all through everything. When winter break came along, Clay's family was ever so welcome to have George over whenever.

However, as months passed by and the hope, happiness, and peace of mind continued till late spring, entering summer, something happened. Something that could revert George back to his terrible ways. On the day of an early summer storm, only two weeks before school was officially over (unless college was in conversation), George found him back on his bathroom floor, holding the last razor of three, from the black case in the cupboard full of cleaning products.

———————————————
9 hours before.

George smiled as he left his house, jogging out his now locked door. He ran down his driveway, ignoring the thunderous clouds above and the high winds pulled the blossoms off the trees and bushes full of flowers. His backpack swung off his shoulders in one fine swoop as he opened the familiar white car door. He placed his backpack onto the back seats, where another backpack laid. Then, he turned back to the front, where in the driver's seat, his handsome boyfriend sat.

"Goodmorning, Clay!" George greeted, leaning in for a warm and welcome hug. The hug was accepted by Clay, soon followed by a kiss on the cheek.

"Goodmorning, George!" he said back with the same energy, "Looks stormy today, I wonder if there'll be lightning." Clay thought aloud to George, who nodded in agreement as he settled back into his seat, buckling up as well.

They arrived at the school, the rain already falling from the dark clouds. Both boys let out a sigh in unison which caused them to giggle. They looked at each other after unbuckling, smiles plastered on their faces. As if nothing could ruin their day, they kissed once more. This was habit now, after that amazing day in the field surrounded by pine trees, they found how enjoyable it was to be physically affectionate to one another.

After the kiss, they gave each other one last look.

"Two more weeks," Clay stated.

"Two more weeks," George repeated.

They've counted down the days until high school was finally over since the beginning of the year, after winter break. The reason behind this was because of Clarance and his minions. Ever since George had gotten Clarance double detention (even after so many months), he had tormented both Clay and George. He teased George about his unalive thoughts and cuts along his arms, and he threatened Clay that he would beat him up and his boyfriend. So, both boys would have to tolerate this, simply relying on each other and their other friends who would help them in any way they could.

The two left the car, running into the dry building as the rain pelted onto them and the wind pushed them side to side. They laughed, leaning onto each other for support because they were laughing so hard. The childish nature returning to them both for a split second. They took off their sopping sweaters, revealing George in a nice white long-sleeved shirt and Clay in an untidy dark green t-shirt. As soon as they could breathe and their wet clothing was off, they walked to George's locker first, then Clays, before school started. Then they would separate off to their own classes.

As each bell rung, inviting Clay and George to their next period, they would walk together in the halls. Clay, after the major incident that happened only months ago, promised that he would never leave George's side whenever there was a chance Clarance could come to either of them. So, Clay kept his promise, and they still did this.

Now it was lunch. Lunch, by far, was the best time of the school day. They got to hang out with friends and be with each other. Nothing could happen, other than fun, humorous conversation and talks of what would happen after school was finally over for most of them. Clay and George walked in together, hand in hand as always, walking towards their normal table full of friends.