Chapter 4

"Let's see who's next..." AllMight grumbles as he reads off a paper. "Ah-hah there we are, Y/l and Yaoyorozu. You'll be against Best Jeanist." AllMight finished.

"Yikes.." You muttered.

You and Yaoyorozu walked to a long street and set up in the battle area. Best Jeanist stood emotionless about 50 meters away from you. You felt your teammate look over at you.

"Don't get in my way or mess me up." Yaoyorozu threatened before getting into a fighting stance.

Her glare made your blood run cold, she was serious, very serious. You simply nodded. You pulled the half gas mask over your mouth, preparing yourself for what's about to go down. Your adrenaline rushed through your body as your mind went blank. You took a deep breath to get a hold of yourself.

"You may begin!" AllMight said cheerfully.

Best Jeanist stood in the same place as before, showing no motion yet. You followed through with the plan you and Yaoyorozu came up with, you let her take the lead. The plan was for her to fight him head on while you snuck up on him and used your toxin to knock him out. You watched as Yaoyorozu quickly created two metal staffs from each arm, charging at the motionless pro hero. You made little movement but slowly snuck towards the hero. Jeanist stood still even though Yaoyorozu was charging at him head on. This confused you but you continued with the plan.

You were very close to the hero, your toxic gas could reach him. Without a sound you allowed the toxic gas to escape your hands. Before you could create more gas the pro hero used his quirk and swept you off your feet with his fabric. You hit the ground with force. In no time he did the same with Yaoyorozu.

"He saw right through our plan!" You called out in anger and shock.

"Of course I did.. What do you expect from an experienced pro hero? For me to fall for your amateur plan. Tsk, no way." He said, crossing his arms.

He used his quirk again to wrap you in his thread, it restricted your body from moving as you pushed against it. You laughed and turned your body into its liquid form, you slid to the ground and became a puddle of poison. Using it to your advantage you got close enough to the hero to turn back into solid form and throw your toxin at him. He used his thread as a shield, the thread melted away but still protected the pro hero. You turned into your liquid state again, then jumped up from the ground and turned back, this time dumping huge amounts of the dark purple toxins all over him.

"A-hah!" You cheered as you landed on your feet, you turned around to the spot you dumped the toxin on and saw Yaoyorozu standing there.

Best Jeansits had used his fabric to exchange places with the girl, causing you to attack her.

Yaoyorozu's face was a mixture of both pain and rage, though it quickly fell flat once she passed out from the toxin. You were shocked but your attention was caught by the feeling of your clothes tightening around you. You tried to turn to your liquid form again but that was deemed to be helpless because you were still trapped inside your hero costume but this time in liquid form. You tried to release as much toxic gas as possible hoping to maybe make him lose control of his quirk but it was helpless after trying for what seemed like several minutes.

After a while your clothes were released and you fell to your knees after turning back to solid form. Your liquid form didn't allow you to breathe, so you gasped for air once you could breathe again.

"Victory goes to Best Jeanist!" AllMight announced.

"No.." You grumbled. "I failed.. Dammit!" You hit the ground with your fist.

You stood up in defeat, looking over at the group of students. Mina looked at you with sympathetic eyes.

"Uh Y/l, can you help Yaoyorozu?'' Aizawa asked as he pointed to her unconscious body that was dragged over.

"Oh yeah right, one minute." You walked over and held her pale arm, using more toxin to cancel out the previous kind.

She jolted awake, looking scared but than calmed down. Her skin began to go back to it's original colour, showing that she was okay. She slowly stared at you, anger plastered on her face, but her eyes portrayed sadness.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled before leaving her to walk over to Mina.

"You did great out there!" Mina said cheerfully.

"I failed Mina, that's not great." You sighed heavily.

"At least you can have more time to train now? You have an extra week. Or we have an extra week."

"I guess... Wait.. We? You didn't win either?"

"Heh, I failed miserably." She laughed and shrugged.

"Well, I guess it's not so bad than.."