Chapter 29

You took a long deep breath as you watched some students and teachers file in.

'Oh god' You internally panicked for the 100th time.

"Look who it is!!!" Mina exclaimed while pushing through people to get to the counter.

"Hey, where's Sero and Denki?" You questioned, looking around for your missing friends.

"Oh they went to see all the displays with food." She shrugged.

"I'm not surprised." You shook your head and chuckled. "Anyways, since you just pushed through a bunch of people, what can I get you?"

"Hm, I'll just get a coffee with extra sugar. Oh! And also one of those purin puddings." Mina ordered.

"Perfect, keeping it simple. Love it." You smiled and turned around to the brewing area.

You boiled the water and put the fresh coffee mix into the filter, letting the coffee dispense into a mug. Once it was filled you dropped in sugar cubes, making sure to add extra. You grabbed one of the fresh purin puddings from the display, placing it neatly on a plate. You slid the food and drink to Mina over the counter.

"This looks amazing." Mina said hungrily.

"Good, now pay up." You held out an empty hand.

"What? Do I not get best friend perks?!"

"No."

"Fine, how much?"

"481¥" You checked the prices briefly.

"Really? Wow, good prices. I've definitely gotta come here more." She said while handing you the money.

"Thank you." You said while putting away the yen in the cash register.

"Now go eat, before people get mad at how long you're taking." You warned her.

"Okay okay, have fun!~" She cheered and walked away with her stuff.

You looked over at Yaoyorozu who was taking orders as well.

'It's going pretty well already.' You thought and smiled slightly.

"Hello, what would you like?" You asked the unfamiliar girl in front of you.

"Oh yes! Hi, uhhhh." The pink haired girl thought for a moment. "Oh! I'll get one of those cinnamon rolls and.. a cold brew coffee. I've been up for days working on my last super cute baby." The girl said with energy.

It clicked right there.

"Oh you're Mei Hatsume from the department of support!"

"The one and only. what? you need any tweaking to your hero costume! I've got lots of new gadgets, I'd love to show you some new stuff! Oh you would be perfect to try my new babies out!" She began to ramble.

You chuckled at the girl's ambition.

"I think I'm pretty good right now. Thank you though. I'll get on your order right now." You said and began to make her cold brew and grab a cinnamon roll.

You slid her food and drink to her.

"That'll be 630¥" You said with a smile.

"Pretty good prices.. I might just come here on my breaks more often." She muttered and handed you the money.

"Great thanks." You put it away.

"No no, thank you! And my shop is always open.. if you ever wanna get some upgrades." She winked and left with her food.

After taking another order you bumped into Yaoyorozu.

"Oh!" You said, scaring yourself slightly.

"Watch where you're going cutie, or you'll have a 2.0 of what happened in the cafeteria." She giggled.

"Oh god, I thought that was forgotten about." You whined.

"Never."

"Anyways, how's it going with you?" You asked.

"Better than expected! People are loving it! This is such a great idea Y/n, we're going to do so much for this place." She explained while brewing some sort of beverage.

"It's been a total success so far, people have even been saying that they want to come here more often." You said while grabbing a small cake from a display.

"That's great. Now don't distract me with your cute little face, we still have order to make." She said with a grin and went back to the counter.

'Right.' You nodded and went back to fulfilling orders.

♡︎ ♡︎ ♡︎

After what seemed like hours the cafe was finally starting to cool down. The last customer had finally left and you did the honours of flipping the 'open' sign to 'closed'.

"Phew." You huffed.

"Y/n! We made so much for the cafe today!" Yaoyorozu said excitedly while counting the money.

"And how much exactly is 'so much'?" You walked back over to her, behind the counter.

"If I counted correctly, around 302,000¥." She announced.

"Oh my god.." You said in awe.

"And I'll add an extra 300,000¥ in there." She said taking a stack of money out of her purse.

Your jaw must've hit the floor, watching her give away such money with ease.

"I'll call that a definite victory. Mr and Mrs Ito are going to be so happy." You filled up with a warm feeling thinking about how much you helped a couple today.

"Again, all thanks to your brilliant idea." She held your face with her kind, planting a sweet kiss on your lips.

"Without you it wouldn't have been possible either, you were a big part of the plan too." You kissed her cheek.

She smiled warmly.

"Now let's clean up. People made a mess." You scoffed.

"Good idea." She agreed.

You both clean up the cafe together. You both stopped cleaning once it was practically sparkling clean.

"Oh thank god that's over, I am exhausted." You huffed.

"Indeed, it has been a long day. We should probably leave before the Ito's get back, or they will shower us with affection." She laughed slightly, picking up her purse.

"Agreed, let's go." You said after grabbing your bag, you held your hand out for your girlfriend, which she took almost right away.

You both exited the cafe, making sure to lock up.

"Today was really fun." Yaoyorozu said while walking beside you.

"It was busy but it was way better than school." You admitted.

"I had you with me so you made it even better, plus apparently you're a really good cook." She lightly nudged you.

"Oh you flatter me." You giggled.

"That's my job dear." She said and stopped. "But I am afraid I must part with you here, I have to go home today, my family is planning an event so I'm getting tied into it as well." She sighed and stroked your hand with her thumb.

"Oh okay." You said with a slight pout.

"Oh don't frown my dear, we'll hang out tomorrow, alright?" She gave you a quick sweet kiss.

"Alrighty, bye!" You waved her goodbye.

"Good bye dear." She smiled and walked off.

'Dammit, I miss her already.'