Chapter 5

"Look you have poor cooperation skills ladies. You have great fighting skills but not when fighting in pairs." AllMight pulled Yaoyorozu and you to the side. "So that's why you two will be going to the week long training camp."

"Just because she knocked me out doesn't mean I should have my free week taken away from me." Yaoyorozu said in protest.

You stayed silent, a feeling of guilt grew in the pit of your stomach.

"Look I know it's not the ideal way of training, but it works. Once you two are better at working in pairs you won't have to deal with these types of problems." AllMight explained.

"You two are incredibly smart, you'd make a great pair, you just need to work together." Mr Aizawa chimed in.

"You have one week before the camp, get packing soon." AllMight said and walked off, along with Mr Aizawa.

It was just you and Yaoyorozu. You turned over to her, knowing you should apologize.

"Yaoyorozu, I'm sorry for today. I'm just terrible at fighting with other people.. Is there any way I can make it up to you?" You said genuinely.

"Well it's not like you can turn back time so it's pretty much useless-" She paused and thought.  "..Though, you could help me go shopping for stuff to bring. An extra pair of arms could come in handy."

"Really? She wants me to go shopping with her?" You thought and crooked a brow.

"Uh, Okay. That sounds.. fine I guess." You said oddly.

"Great, we'll go this Thursday."

"But that's tomorrow."

"And? Is there a problem with that?" She said in a snobby way.

"..No." You sighed.

"Of course she picks your one day you set aside for yourself to chill and have a no study evening.." You thought and scoffed.

"Well if that's that.." She said grabbing your phone and putting her number in it. "I'll text you." She said and left in a hurry.

You looked down at your phone with the newly added number in it.

"She's odd.." You thought and stuffed the phone in your pocket.

You closed your locker door and Denki was standing right there.

"Jeez dude!" You jumped.

He laughed.

"Tryna give a heart attack? I'm going to have to put a bell on you so you don't keep surprising me like that." You picked your bag off the floor and threw it over your shoulder.

"Wanna walk to the dorms together?" He suggested.

"How could I decline?" You said with a warm smile.

"Good because I wasn't going to take no for an answer." You both laughed.

You began to walk together.

"Hm, Mina said you'd be in a bad mood after what happened today. Yet you seem normal." He said.

"I mean, yeah I'm a little mad about today but it happened and I can't change it. Though if anything I am a little weirded out." You confessed.

"Why?"

"Well I apologized to Yaoyorozu and she said that taking me shopping with her will work as an apology."

"Pft. That girl has always been like that. Head over heels for shopping. Now you get to be her little shopping cart and hold all her stuff." He mocked you.

"Ugh, shut up." You shoved him.

"At least you have Mina with you for the week."

"Yeah, thank goodness. I didn't want to be lonely." You complained.

"Don't be dramatic, you're literally friends with everybody in the class."

"Everyone but Yaoyorozu." You added.

"Okay, well.."

"..."

"No you're right." He shrugged.

"I'm always right." You said with a grin.

"Don't get cocky." He shook his head. "I don't like cocky Y/n, she's mean." He fake pouted.

"Don't be such a baby, hollow head."

"See right there. Mean."

"Pft. You're just sensitive." You giggled.

"Sup guys." Sero greeted you from behind, slinging his arms over both yours and Denki's.

"Ah!" You gasped. "You guys seriously have to stop jumping up on me like that." You said with an exhale.

"You're just easy to scare." Sero teased.

"I won't deny that." You said in all honesty.

"So what are you guys doing tonight?" Sero asked.

"Studying."

"Of course you are, ugh, you have to do something else for a living." Denki complained.

"Well I guess I will go shopping as of tomorrow, too."

"Huh, you shopping?" Sero said in shock.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. Yaoyorozu and Y/n have a date tomorrow." Denki said with a grin.

"What?!" You said in retaliation.

"Heh, you're into girls now? Jeez didn't know Yaoyorozu was your type." Sero said.

"No! First of all, it's not a date, it's an apology. And second.." You paused and chose your next words carefully. "I'm not looking to date anyone. Studies are the most important thing."

"Damn, that sounds lonely." Sero said with a pout.

"Nope, that's where my friends come into the picture. I don't need a significant other as long as I have you guys." You said with a smile.

"Awe, how touching." Denki said and pretended to wipe a fake tear away.

You shook your head and giggled at the dummies you call your friends. But you had to admit, they were the best friends to hope for. Of course you had your mutual friends, but you had a better connection with Sero, Denki and Mina.

"Ah! How dare you guys!" Mina said, running after you and your group.

"What?" All three of you said in confusion.

"You left without me!" She slapped Denki with her bag.

"Oh shit.. That's right, I was supposed to wait for you after class.." Denki said, rubbing his shoulder.

"Tch, dumbass." She said, whipping around and turning away from him. Mina trotted over to you and looped your arms together.

"This one here doesn't let me down at least." She said and stuck her tongue at Denki.

Denki and Sero both laughed at the girl's antics.

"Movie night tonight? My dorm." Sero suggested.

"Yes!" Denki cheered.

"How could I refuse?" Mina chimed in.

They all looked over at you waiting for a response.

"Sorry, remember? I gotta study.." You said rubbing the back of your neck.

"Ughhhh, Y/n, c'mon girl." Mina said with a pout.

"I know I know, but it's important."

"Fine, be boring."

"I will." You said and waved them off while you walked to your dorm.

Thank god this time your keys worked, opening your door with ease.

"So now you feel like cooperating.." You muttered.

"Talking to your door now? Odd." A voice giggled behind you.

Shit.

You slammed the door quickly, avoiding Yaoyorozu's teasing.

Hell no