Chapter 9

You dashed after the villain, pushing through civilians who were trying to flee. Within seconds another person began to run alongside you.

"Yaoyorozu?" You said with confusion.

"You're right, we are heroes, therefore we have a job to do." She spoke before creating a metal pole arm from her arm.

You smiled, preparing yourself to fight.

"Let's do this."

While you and Yaoyorozu were dashing straight for the villain he seemed to notice and turned to face you.

"A couple of kids? Watch out kiddos!" He yelled and blasted dark smoke at you and Yaoyorozu.

You were able to use your toxins as a shield, not letting the smoke get through.

"What the hell was that?" You said.

"I don't know but try not to breathe it in." She spoke.

You nodded, dashing back towards the villain who had gotten a head start. You used your toxins to slide, granting you more speed, you had once seen Mina do it in combat. It only worked for so long until you stopped sliding and fell flat on your face.

"God dammit." You scoffed rubbing your nose while on the ground.

Yaoyorozu laughed beside you after catching up. She held her hand out to help you up, which you accepted and bounced back up.

"Our best bet is to fight him together." Yaoyorozu said.

"Okay." You nodded in agreement. You began to run back after the villain, this time on foot.

With little time the villain came into close range again, you used your toxins to form gloves on your fists, launching yourself at him and hitting him in the face.

"Ow! That stings, Jeez!" He said in retaliation, sliding to the ground.

Yaoyorozu  took the opportunity to strike him with her pole arm, weakening him. He bounced back up, groaning in pain.

"Now you've got me pissed." He said angrily.

Without warning he let out tones on the thick black smoke. With little time to get out you were forced to breathe it in, along with Yaoyorozu. You coughed before one of your biggest fears formed in front of you. You stood in horror, not wanting to move as your blood ran cold. You felt yourself choke, your throat tightening in fear. But then it hit you.

"It's the villain's quirk! He must be able to materialize our worst fears with the smoke." You thought.

With less fear you hit your biggest fear with the largest amount of toxins you could use, making it evaporate back into smoke.

"Such a cool quirk, but so easy to defeat.." You thought in disappointment.

You looked over at Yaoyorozu, who had also been affected by the villain's quirk. You saw a clone of you form from the smoke. You stood shocked.

"She's... scared of me?" You muttered, not knowing what to think.

You watched as she stood in a mix of fear and confusion.

"It's not real!" You shouted to the girl.

She looked over at you, more confusion mixed on her face.

"Why.. There's two of you?" She said completely lost.

"It's his quirk! It creates your worst.. uh fear!"

Her eyes widened, an embarrassed blush tinted her face. She shook it off, going after the clone, swiping at it with her staff, making it disappear. You both narrowed your eyes on the villain. He was shocked and scared. You swiftly made it back to Yaoyorozu.

"We need to hit him at the same time. We should mix our powers. I'll enhance your polearm with my toxins, making it longer and more effective." You suggested.

"Okay, I hope that'll work."

You used your quirk and created a barrier on the pole arm, extending it's length as well.

"Just try not to touch it." You said, pointing at the toxin.

"No promises." She said, readying herself to run at the villain.

You stayed back, focusing on keeping your quirk attached to the pole arm. Yaoyorozu ran with great speed at the villain, swiftly dodging his last final frantic attack. Once an opening was made she pulled her weapon back then swung it with full, force hitting the villain. The toxins covered him as he fell to the ground. It wasn't long until he passed out.

You smiled, feeling accomplished and proud. Yaoyorozu created a rope and quickly tied the defeated villain up, giving him no chance to escape. You approached Yaoyorozu with a grin.

"We did it." You said excitedly.

"Yes we did." She said looking down at the villain.

"What scary quirk he has.." You added.

She nodded, not saying anything. You took as a sign that she didn't want to talk about it, which you accepted. Quick and heavy footsteps approached you from behind. After still having your senses on alert you quickly turned around, filling your hand with the dark purple toxins.

"Woah kid!" Hawks said, throwing his hands in front of him.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I thought you were another villain." You said, slightly embarrassed.

"It's all good.. Did you guys.." He began.

Yaoyorozu nodded. "We took him out."

"Oh.. Wow, uh. That's new, and probably wasn't supposed to happen." He said with a bit of panic, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Were we supposed to just sit back and wait until a pro hero showed up?" You arched a brow.

"I mean, yeah. Pretty much."

"Of course we weren't going to do such a thing! He could've harmed a civilian, he had to be stopped as soon as possible!" Yaoyorozu said, a tad offended.

Soon after other pro heroes showed up.

"Look over them, make sure they're not hurt." Edge shot said as some police grabbed the fallen villain.

A couple of paramedics nodded, grabbing both you and Yaoyorozu. They sat you both down on a nearby bench, checking over you.

"Uh, I'm fine, really." You said, pulling away.

The paramedic ignored me and continued to try and help me.

"Ahem, she said she was fine." Yaoyorozu said, narrowing her eyes at the paramedic.

They nodded and backed off, probably going to look for injured civilians.

"Thanks.." You muttered.

You sat in silence before Yaoyorozu spoke.

"Well, today was eventful wasn't it. At least we still have our stuff." She smiled, lifting up multiple bags.

"H..How?! When did you have the time to grab our bags." You said in surprise.

"A magician never reveals their secrets." She said in a modest tone.

You stared at her blankly, then you both began to giggle.